Speaker Pelosi

Anyone else catch the interview with the Speaker this morning on NPR. What I found interesting and more importantly insightful was the part of the interview addressing her move to SanFran many years ago before she became a politician. She said that when she found the "perfect house", she refused to buy it because the seller was a person that was going to serve in Nixon's administration and that she could not live in a house that had formerly been lived in by someone in the Nixon administration. Okay, I realize that some people get "into" politics, but her refusal to live in her perfect house because it had formerly been owned by someone that was going to be in Nixon's administration seemed a bit over the top and extreme to me. She also said she was in her words "devastated" that Nixon had won. Again, that seems over the top to me. I don't think Obama is going to be good for our country if he gets elected, but I won't be "devastated". Devastated to me is when you lose a close family member; not when the candidate you don't think should be elected, gets elected.

I thought to myself: okay, that was 40 years ago, at a time when the Vietnam War was really polarizing people. Surely, over the years Speaker Pelosi has become more reasonable in her politics. Alas, such hopes were quickly dashed. When the interviewer then followed up and mentioned that as the Speaker she had to be able to reach across the aisle to work with the R's, instead of saying that her feelings toward the R's had changed in the 40 years since then and she had "matured", she instead said she was now reaching across the aisle because in her position as Speaker, she "had to". In my words, it is not because she wants to, its because she has to.

The interview, which lasted only a minute or so (or at least the portion of it that they aired), provided some more insight into the very polarized nature of our country's political leaders. And I'm sure there are R's just as extreme as the Speaker. Very depressing to me.

Maybe I'm making more out of this than I should, but I think these "snap shots" of our leaders can reveal a lot about them. This pig headedness and as far as I'm concerned immaturity and childish behavior, all in the name of power and politics, has to change and WE have to make it happen. The sooner the better and I'm not just talking about getting rid of the extreme D's, but the extreme R's also.

:thumb: Good post, imo is: Pelosi = hot air, probably one cause of global warming along with Mr. Green Gore.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost as scary as Dick Cheney being one heartbeat away.

Im not exactly crazy about Cheney either but, make no mistake, he is more than qualified to sit in the Oval Office. At 33 years old, he was Ford's Chief of Staff. He has served as Secretary of Defense as well as a long run in the Congress. I know he isnt popular, but I would stack his resume against Pelosi's anytime!:thumb:

Im not exactly crazy about Cheney either but, make no mistake, he is more than qualified to sit in the Oval Office. At 33 years old, he was Ford's Chief of Staff. He has served as Secretary of Defense as well as a long run in the Congress. I know he isnt popular, but I would stack his resume against Pelosi's anytime!:thumb:

I can see your point. I have not been a GWB supporter since early into his first term, but believe you me, I would rather have GWB a thousand times more leading our country then Cheney...and I would rather have Pelosi over him, too. We could look at positions and resumes all day, but to me there is something overwhelmingly cold about Cheney...very cold. Isn't he the only president to ever publically use the "f" word during a meeting of Congress or did I imagine that?

I can see your point. I have not been a GWB supporter since early into his first term, but believe you me, I would rather have GWB a thousand times more leading our country then Cheney...and I would rather have Pelosi over him, too. We could look at positions and resumes all day, but to me there is something overwhelmingly cold about Cheney...very cold. Isn't he the only president to ever publically use the "f" word during a meeting of Congress or did I imagine that?

Not me brother. At least, Cheney's decisions and policies would make sense. Even jet-setter Nancy's decisions would make more sense than GWB's.

It's almost as scary as Dick Cheney being one heartbeat away.

:lol: I can't argue much with that one. I will say that although both would be dangerous, imo Pelosi much more so, that woman is the definition of a far left wacko idiot (choose any one,lol). So, imo Pelosi is much more dangerous.......................... Unless of course you plan on going hunting with Cheny.:D

Is his demeanor not a factor for you? It is important to me.

I find his demeanor to be more presidential than Clinton, Bush II, Carter and Ford combined. I don't want a friendly, nice president. I want someone who is willing to kick butts and take names to lead my country. I want a Harry Truman or a Ronald Reagan or even an LBJ or Tricky Dicky.

:thumb:

:lol: I can't argue much with that one. I will say that although both would be dangerous, imo Pelosi much more so, that woman is the definition of a far left wacko idiot (choose any one,lol). So, imo Pelosi is much more dangerous.......................... Unless of course you plan on going hunting with Cheny.:D

:lol::lol::lol:

Not me brother. At least, Cheney's decisions and policies would make sense. Even jet-setter Nancy's decisions would make more sense than GWB's.
:thumb: IMO, Cheney is the most presidential politician in this country. It is a shame that GWB did not serve two terms as his VP.

Cheney has no humanistic characteristics in my eyes. I do not see him making a speech similar to Pres. Reagan after the Challenger explosion and even though GWB's speech after 9/11 was more angry, he showed compassion, too. Does Dicky Cheney know compassion? And, no, I don't want only a "feel good" type of president, but I do want someone that is able to speak for our country with compassion and sympathy in the event of national or international tragedies.

Cheney has no humanistic characteristics in my eyes. I do not see him making a speech similar to Pres. Reagan after the Challenger explosion and even though GWB's speech after 9/11 was more angry, he showed compassion, too. Does Dicky Cheney know compassion? And, no, I don't want only a "feel good" type of president, but I do want someone that is able to speak for our country with compassion and sympathy in the event of national or international tragedies.

When have you ever seen a VP make a similar speech? In my time, the VP has always been a background figure.