Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite Wine

Featured Replies

Just had a bottle of Elk Creek Kentucky Blue with our meal . Very tasty and highly reccomended by this impartial Connoiseur . I know I won't be driving tionight . What is your favorite ?:fire: Chrisman Mills Sweet Jessamine Rose (RED) is great too !!

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like wine at all - I am a whiskey woman:banana:

if a few sips a year makes me one.................

Here are just a couple of my favorite. Give them a try sometime, I think you will like them as well:

A by Acacia Chardonnay

Beaulieu Vineyard (BV) Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon

Sterling Vintner's Collection Sauvingnon Blanc Central Coast

Casa Lapostolle Cuvee Alexandre Chardonnay

Dows port. It is a red

I am not one to know names, but I do like Pinot Grigio. (sp?)

My favorite when I'm not drinking boxed wine is Catena, it is a Chilean red, and it's good. I visited Elk Creek this Summer, they have a nice setup down in Owenton. I want to make a return trip since we didn't get too spend enough time the first go around. As far as boxed wine goes, I enjoy Hardy's, cabernet and Shiraz along with Black Box and Box Star, they take a little longer to finish and have a good price. On the cheaper side, I really like Barefoot.

I don't like wine at all - I am a whiskey woman:banana:if a few sips a year makes me one.................

 

Now I know where your avatar came from :lol:.....too much whiskey! :D

Now I know where your avatar came from .....too much whiskey! :D

Actually not enough:irked: In all honestly I haven't even had a sip in so long I don't know what a good bourbon and coke would taste like. I am told that I can have 1 oz of hard liquor a day but MrRk has a totally different total .....................NONE....NONE.....NONE.....:fight::fight::fight::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's a good thing I love him:D:thumb:

Does anyone remember Boones Farm? :lol: Strawbery Hill and the Apple were favs back in the day....high school and just out of school in the 70's. :D

I believe if I remember correctly that stuff cost around $1.50 a bottle(5th), what a bargin:lol:.

I think that they still make it and I heard that it had esculated to the price of $5.00 or more :eek:. :D

 

Needles to say, I am not a big wine drinker, every great once in a while with dinner when eating out.

Actually not enough:irked: In all honestly I haven't even had a sip in so long I don't know what a good bourbon and coke would taste like. I am told that I can have 1 oz of hard liquor a day but MrRk has a totally different total .....................NONE....NONE.....NONE.....:fight::fight::fight::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's a good thing I love him:D:thumb:

 

:thumb::thumb:On 2nd thought, could that be Mr. RK in that avatar? :lol:

Does anyone remember Boones Farm? :lol: Strawbery Hill and the Apple were favs back in the day....high school and just out of school in the 70's. :D

I believe if I remember correctly that stuff cost around $1.50 a bottle(5th), what a bargin:lol:.

I think that they still make it and I heard that it had esculated to the price of $5.00 or more :eek:. :D

 

Needles to say, I am not a big wine drinker, every great once in a while with dinner when eating out.

 

Unfortunately I am old enough and can remember.

Unfortunately I am old enough and can remember.

 

:thumb:Good ole' Strawberry Hill. Ahhhh, back in the day, memories. Well there are some anyway, I don't remember some others:sssh::D

Does anyone remember Boones Farm? :lol: Strawbery Hill and the Apple were favs back in the day....high school and just out of school in the 70's. :D

I believe if I remember correctly that stuff cost around $1.50 a bottle(5th), what a bargin:lol:.

I think that they still make it and I heard that it had esculated to the price of $5.00 or more :eek:. :D

 

Needles to say, I am not a big wine drinker, every great once in a while with dinner when eating out.

 

I remember Boones Farm ;)

Does anyone remember Boones Farm? :lol: Strawbery Hill and the Apple were favs back in the day....high school and just out of school in the 70's. :D

I believe if I remember correctly that stuff cost around $1.50 a bottle(5th), what a bargin:lol:.

I think that they still make it and I heard that it had esculated to the price of $5.00 or more :eek:. :D

 

Needles to say, I am not a big wine drinker, every great once in a while with dinner when eating out.

 

Lordy . . . if we admit to this everyone will know we're . . . older than the hills!!! :sssh: :ylsuper:

 

 

 

 

 

OK . . . I'll fess up . . . I remember it!! As a matter of fact . . . I was at a store the other day and saw my old Strawberry Hill!! It took everything I had not to buy a bottle for old times sake!!

Lordy . . . if we admit to this everyone will know we're . . . older than the hills!!! :sssh: :ylsuper:

 

 

 

 

 

OK . . . I'll fess up . . . I remember it!! As a matter of fact . . . I was at a store the other day and saw my old Strawberry Hill!! It took everything I had not to buy a bottle for old times sake!!

 

Nothing to be ashamed of guys. Boone's Farm withstood the test of time. I tried the stuff once but a ton of girls drank it when we were younger. I'm only 23 by the way...

 

Much like Rebel K, I'm not a big wine guy at all. More of a Whiskey man myself.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.