Favorite Wine

Dlbdonn

Just had a bottle of Elk Creek Kentucky Blue with our meal . Very tasty and highly reccomended by this impartial Connoiseur . I know I won't be driving tionight . What is your favorite ?:fire: Chrisman Mills Sweet Jessamine Rose (RED) is great too !!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are just a couple of my favorite. Give them a try sometime, I think you will like them as well:

A by Acacia Chardonnay

Beaulieu Vineyard (BV) Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon

Sterling Vintner's Collection Sauvingnon Blanc Central Coast

Casa Lapostolle Cuvee Alexandre Chardonnay

My favorite when I'm not drinking boxed wine is Catena, it is a Chilean red, and it's good. I visited Elk Creek this Summer, they have a nice setup down in Owenton. I want to make a return trip since we didn't get too spend enough time the first go around. As far as boxed wine goes, I enjoy Hardy's, cabernet and Shiraz along with Black Box and Box Star, they take a little longer to finish and have a good price. On the cheaper side, I really like Barefoot.

Now I know where your avatar came from .....too much whiskey! :D

Actually not enough:irked: In all honestly I haven't even had a sip in so long I don't know what a good bourbon and coke would taste like. I am told that I can have 1 oz of hard liquor a day but MrRk has a totally different total .....................NONE....NONE.....NONE.....:fight::fight::fight::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's a good thing I love him:D:thumb:

Does anyone remember Boones Farm? :lol: Strawbery Hill and the Apple were favs back in the day....high school and just out of school in the 70's. :D

I believe if I remember correctly that stuff cost around $1.50 a bottle(5th), what a bargin:lol:.

I think that they still make it and I heard that it had esculated to the price of $5.00 or more :eek:. :D

Needles to say, I am not a big wine drinker, every great once in a while with dinner when eating out.

Actually not enough:irked: In all honestly I haven't even had a sip in so long I don't know what a good bourbon and coke would taste like. I am told that I can have 1 oz of hard liquor a day but MrRk has a totally different total .....................NONE....NONE.....NONE.....:fight::fight::fight::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's a good thing I love him:D:thumb:

:thumb::thumb:On 2nd thought, could that be Mr. RK in that avatar? :lol:

Does anyone remember Boones Farm? :lol: Strawbery Hill and the Apple were favs back in the day....high school and just out of school in the 70's. :D

I believe if I remember correctly that stuff cost around $1.50 a bottle(5th), what a bargin:lol:.

I think that they still make it and I heard that it had esculated to the price of $5.00 or more :eek:. :D

Needles to say, I am not a big wine drinker, every great once in a while with dinner when eating out.

Unfortunately I am old enough and can remember.

I remember Boones Farm ;)

Lordy . . . if we admit to this everyone will know we're . . . older than the hills!!! :sssh: :ylsuper:

OK . . . I'll fess up . . . I remember it!! As a matter of fact . . . I was at a store the other day and saw my old Strawberry Hill!! It took everything I had not to buy a bottle for old times sake!!

Lordy . . . if we admit to this everyone will know we're . . . older than the hills!!! :sssh: :ylsuper:

OK . . . I'll fess up . . . I remember it!! As a matter of fact . . . I was at a store the other day and saw my old Strawberry Hill!! It took everything I had not to buy a bottle for old times sake!!

Nothing to be ashamed of guys. Boone's Farm withstood the test of time. I tried the stuff once but a ton of girls drank it when we were younger. I'm only 23 by the way...

Much like Rebel K, I'm not a big wine guy at all. More of a Whiskey man myself.