Some people may be surprised of what is NOT in the bible

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they do and one of the hangups that I have with Christian denominations that feel that their leader has a direct communication line with God and can change and alter things.

Which Christian Denominations would those be?

Edited by rockmom

Which Christian Denominations would those be?

Who was it that said Florida was going to have major storms or something and God told him? That guy and others like him.

The sects of David Koresh and Jim Jones.

At times, I do think Catholicism has ventured into that realm. I think they have even apologized or something for their actions concerning Hitler during WWII. (I must add though that previous discussions me and you have had on the matter has changed my perspective on the Pope as not being looked at as a perfect Christian leader here on Earth but a fallible man.)

Mormons and their additional books to the Bible.

Benny Hinn

Rod Parsley

T.J. Flakes

Jim Baaker

Jimmy Swaggert

Oral Roberts

The guy in Louisville last week

Paula White

Joel Olsteen

Kenneth Copeland

James Robison

Joyce Meyer

These Pastors add things not found in scripture.

Benny Hinn

Rod Parsley

T.J. Flakes

Jim Baaker

Jimmy Swaggert

Oral Roberts

Paula White

Joel Olsteen

Kenneth Copeland

James Robison

Joyce Meyer

Really Now? You had a good argument until you threw him in.:laugh:

That is a tough one. I would tend to think that was a cultural issue that Paul directed to that specific church because those women were more concerned with their apperance than their attitude in the worship service in Corinth. I'm not exactly sure though. Thoughts?

I would say the same about bans on women speaking. There were women at Corinth and that Timothy dealt with that were "out of hand" and to correct the problem early Paul told them to be quiet. It was a situation event and not a general mandate. Much as you just mentioned the hair and jewelry were in Corinthians. :thumb:

Benny Hinn

Rod Parsley

T.J. Flakes

Jim Baaker

Jimmy Swaggert

Oral Roberts

Paula White

Joel Olsteen

Kenneth Copeland

James Robison

Joyce Meyer

Good post buddy. They also usually pick and choose what they will preach on and not touch. Especially Joel Olsteen.

The problem I have with Osteen is the opposite I have of some of the others on the list. He's very charasmatic, very positive and very motivational. But I find, listening to him, that he's more of a motivational speaker, that someone teaching the word of God. There's no mention of negative consequences in his preaching. He only tells of the good things that can come. His church is filled with people who want to be uplifted, but isn't it also the role of a preacher/priest/minister to warn of the consequences of sin?

It's easy to think you're on the right path if no one is there to warn you. It's easy to think all will be roses and sunshine if no one is there to let you know that regardless of all the good that can come, there are pitfalls that you have to watch out for. I feel he's pandering to all the people who want to ignore the warnings, and only want to feel good about themselves.

Anyway...just my two cents.