Some people may be surprised of what is NOT in the bible

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always taught that was the Trinity there. Jesus was at the creation and the Holy Spirit too.

This is from the completely Jewish standpoint though. The trinity is three in one, Elohim means the plural God's as in distinct entities.

This is from the completely Jewish standpoint though. The trinity is three in one, Elohim means the plural God's as in distinct entities.

Yet, the three are also 3 distinct entities yet, also 3 in one.

That can be mindblowing.:D

Not sure what the first sentence means.

Infant baptism ..... isn't in there.

The Bible doesn't mention kneeling at a prayer altar and praying one's sins away neither. I know this is a common practice among a lot of religions but I can't find it in the Bible.

Another popular one is ...That at the end times you won't be able to decipher between the seasons.

Yet, Trojans, you are consistently asking me where something is in the Bible to defend the Papacy.

I'm confused....which side of the fence are you on?

My stance, if it's in the bible, do it. If it's not in the bible, don't do it.

Yet, the three are also 3 distinct entities yet, also 3 in one.

That can be mindblowing.:D

Not sure what the first sentence means.

Genesis is a Jewish Book, Jews are strict monotheists; why would it reference other gods more or less a trinity that goes against said monotheism.

Going strictly on the bolded, why are you posting on the Internet and using electricity.:D;):sssh:

The bible tells us to go into all the world and spread the gospel. It doesn't say specifically how to spread the gospel. It just says to spread the gospel. I am trying to spread God's word through the internet.

In some areas God gives us general commandments. In others, such as appointing elders, order in church worship, etc. he is very specific.

Also there is no reference to Mary Magdalene being a prostitute, she was deemed so by the early Catholic church.

In my Eng. 102 class, I was given this question to expand on: Who was the prostitute that Jesus befriended?

I had never been taught that Mary was a prostitute so I started researching that point. I was amazed at how many preachers/pastors had conflicting points on the matter.

I wrote my papar in defense of Mary Magdelene and at least planted doubt that she was ever a prostitute. It was an interesting paper to research. I commented in the paper that even if she was a prostitute, Jesus befriended many people of what we deem as lowly character. I got an A on the paper, btw.

Also there is no reference to Mary Magdalene being a prostitute, she was deemed so by the early Catholic church.

The reasoning behind that was to show that anyone, regardless of walk of life or what they had done could attain salvation.