UC/Dr Z's Quandry

Clyde

Shoot him? No, I'd just like to see the justice system handle him.

Don't try to sluff this off by using "mistake" and "out of hand" and "drunk." We put people in jail every day who could use the same excuses.

And after a full investigation he was not charged with anything. Maybe you know more than an entire legal system in Minnesota. I doubt it...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid made a mistake. I would like to assume that if there existed enough legal grounds to charge him in Minnesota, they would have done so. They did not and have access to MUCH more information than any of us, including GT (no disrespect intended here GT), and they chose not to file charges. In this instance, I have no problem with UC giving him a 2nd chance.

Look at Randy Moss as an example. He was involved in beating a kid in HS in a racially charged fight. Was kicked out of his high school and had to finish at an alternative school. Notre Dame revoked his scholly offer. FSU gave him a 2nd chance. While on probation in WV & attending FSU in a redshirt year, he smokes pot while home on spring break in WV and fails a drug test with his parole officer, FSU revokes his scholly. Marshall gives him a 3rd chance. These are all crimes that he was convicted of and he got several chances. This is merely one example where someone actually convicted of a crime got numerous chances, and you want to deny a kid with no criminal charges a 2nd chance?

I agree with GT on this one, kid has paid his dues.

I am sure this thread will be booked marked though, as a lot of people on this board have double standards for different programs.

Alex Daniels is a fine young man that got caught up in something really stupid, and has paid the consequences. He lost his scholarship at Minnesota, and for the last year has been paying his own way at UC and working very hard on his own to get a second chance.

How do I know he's a good kid? Because I've talked to him quite a bit over the last year as he sat in the stands at Nippert and watched the team practice day in and day out.

Bill Koch was very irresponsible in the way he reported this story, and it makes my blood boil...

Bill Koch is really good at what he does. He had a previous entry mentioning his grades and so forth. Did this run in the paper?

Will be interesting to see what Z does.

Reading the book 'Cane Mutiny by Bruce Feldman, which looks at rise and fall of Miami Hurricane Football...anyways, Butch Davis would discipline players firly harshly if they got into trouble, and he would do it even before they ever when to court or charges were later acquitted and so forth.

Could this be a slippery slope for UC and Kelly regarding the type of player he would like to bring in?

He has some background with these types of kids especially at Grand Valley State...it is one of the primary reasons he was never really considered for the Michigan job.

And after a full investigation he was not charged with anything. Maybe you know more than an entire legal system in Minnesota. I doubt it...

Right. Chris Henry was never charged with threatening the teenager in Florence. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Don't be naive just because you get to have access to the Bearcats. Its usually those closest to the situation that have smoke blown up their rear end the most.

I agree with GT on this one, kid has paid his dues.

I am sure this thread will be booked marked though, as a lot of people on this board have double standards for different programs.

If the last comment was directed at me, you'll have to look elsewhere to get it to apply. I've already stated it doesn't matter what program you root for, your program should pass on a kid like this. Its simply not worth it.

The kid wasnt charged... Should he have handled the situation differently? Yep... But this IN NO WAY makes him a "bad apple." Clyde, you're going a little overboard, IMO.

A true test of a man's character, is what he does when no one is around.

My question in regards to all of this, is this the beginning of a type of kid who has some red flags in his background that UC is willing to take on to improve as a football program?

Maybe it is just this one, but could there be more to follow.

This is the first time I've seen Bill write about Daniels. I'm guessing you are thinking of Brandon Underwood...

If you answered this already, I missed it so...

What exactly did Koch do that you disagreed with?

My question in regards to all of this, is this the beginning of a type of kid who has some red flags in his background that UC is willing to take on to improve as a football program?

One red flag. You are talking him up like he's been in constant trouble for the sake of questioning the UC program, and you're better than that...

That's my point. UC is getting to the point where they don't need to take character issue kids. Why risk it?