UC/Dr Z's Quandry

Clyde

If he's some kind of menace, it's the same concern if he's a student...

While I see where you are coming from, Koch is a sportswriter and reports from the gridiron perspective. Unless he misrepresented something , I'm OK with the story.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the last comment was directed at me, you'll have to look elsewhere to get it to apply. I've already stated it doesn't matter what program you root for, your program should pass on a kid like this. Its simply not worth it.

Not directed at you at all.

While I see where you are coming from, Koch is a sportswriter and reports from the gridiron perspective. Unless he misrepresented something , I'm OK with the story.

And I think it's a very important part of the story. He's been monitored by the staff for a year, and they have a good handle on the kid and what they are bringing in. Without that, it just sounds like he showed up at the doorstep and was welcomed with open arms. If that was the case I seriously doubt UC would have had any interest at all based on similar situations I've seen them pass on...

And I think it's a very important part of the story. He's been monitored by the staff for a year, and they have a good handle on the kid and what they are bringing in. Without that, it just sounds like he showed up at the doorstep and was welcomed with open arms. If that was the case I seriously doubt UC would have had any interest at all based on similar situations I've seen them pass on...

Why would we think the showed up on the doorstep? The article says that he's already been admitted to the university and that Kelly is setting down rules for the classroom and off the field.

I don't see any sort of slant. He reported the facts.

Why would we think the showed up on the doorstep? The article says that he's already been admitted to the university and that Kelly is setting down rules for the classroom and off the field.

I don't see any sort of slant. He reported the facts.

That stuff was not in his initial blog post about the issue Tuesday that started the uproar. I will give him credit for taking that down and adding in the information in his story...

Legally? No idea. Morally? Absolutely 100% guilty which is ENOUGH to keep him off of my football team.

I don't disagree, but there are a lot of morally wrong things that athletes do every day. Maybe he filmed it and he shouldn't have, but is that anymore wrong than one of the guys that is underage drinking at a party? Both wrong morally, but this isn't Utopia. People do stupid things. Especially young people in a college setting. We can't outlaw any athlete that ever did something immoral...

I am not a UC fan, but I say if he was not charged then UC should give him a chance. As GT has stated, he has been in Cincinnati and at UC for a year now and no trouble at all.

So, if someone is not charged then they still have to be punished? Not sure that is the way we should do things in the country. Even if someone is charged with something, if they repaid their debt they should be able to get a second chance.

Did you have a problem when X took Drew Lavender Clyde???

A bit. Not as much as this case though. Unless there were infractions that I wasn't aware of, I don't see them being equal. It worked out for X but I've never been a fan of the kid.

I am not a UC fan, but I say if he was not charged then UC should give him a chance. As GT has stated, he has been in Cincinnati and at UC for a year now and no trouble at all.

So, if someone is not charged then they still have to be punished? Not sure that is the way we should do things in the country. Even if someone is charged with something, if they repaid their debt they should be able to get a second chance.

Then we need to quit using the quote "its a privledge to play college sports."

Legally? No idea. Morally? Absolutely 100% guilty which is ENOUGH to keep him off of my football team.

If we banned every person who had ever done anything morally wrong from sports, there would be no sports, simple as that.

If we banned every person who had ever done anything morally wrong from sports, there would be no sports, simple as that.

There's a line that you would have to draw. No question. This one would be on the "no thanks - we'll pass" side of the line.

Come on, who really wants to have a kid on their team who stood and watched his boy take advantage of a girl who was passed out? Surely I'm not on an island here.

There's a line that you would have to draw. No question. This one would be on the "no thanks - we'll pass" side of the line.

Come on, who really wants to have a kid on their team who stood and watched his boy take advantage of a girl who was passed out? Surely I'm not on an island here.

While I'm not saying what he did was right, there are FAR worse things he could have done that night...