UC/Dr Z's Quandry

Clyde

If you answered this already, I missed it so...

What exactly did Koch do that you disagreed with?

He only told a small fraction of the story, and as usual it was the side that would generate the most blog views...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Clyde has better judgement than a liscensed attourney...

Am I the only one that knows that attorneys will negotiate charges? Is this something new? You do realize that attorneys will drop charges against a kid who deserves them in exchange for something else, right? It doesn't lessen the act committed.

He only told a small fraction of the story, and as usual it was the side that would generate the most blog views...

You mean he left out the "he's a great guy" portion? All I read was a)he was arrested b)UC is wanting him on the team and c)no charges were filed.

What did he leave out?

The "give him a second chance" thinking has always intrigued me as it only seems to apply to athletes.

Incorrect. Ever heard of inmates graduating from programs inside prison walls?It happens all over the country, in every state, and none of those people are athletes.

Am I the only one that knows that attorneys will negotiate charges? Is this something new? You do realize that attorneys will drop charges against a kid who deserves them in exchange for something else, right? It doesn't lessen the act committed.

What should he be charged with then, Clyde? A six month investigation with no conviction seems pretty sufficient.

Incorrect. Ever heard of inmates graduating from programs inside prison walls?It happens all over the country, in every state, and none of those people are athletes.

You missed my point.

ON BOARDS LIKE THIS ONE, people are always talking "second chance" in the sports threads but you don't see that same enthusiasm for the guy caught selling weed or crack or the guy who drives drunk or....

We lose our mind when it comes to our favorite sports teams.

The "give him a second chance" thinking has always intrigued me as it only seems to apply to athletes.

I would be willing to be that nearly every college/university in the country has kids enrolled who have been not only charged, but convicted of crimes. It just gets published when it is a student athlete.

You mean he left out the "he's a great guy" portion? All I read was a)he was arrested b)UC is wanting him on the team and c)no charges were filed.

What did he leave out?

How about the part where he was admitted to UC as a student. He didn't get in trouble on the football field, it was during regular student activities. He's living on campus, and there is no concern there. I guess that's because they are taking money out of his pocket for tuition.

If he's that much of a "threat" Dr Zvil should have denied him admission a year ago, right???

How about the part where he was admitted to UC as a student. He didn't get in trouble on the football field, it was during regular student activities. He's living on campus, and there is no concern there. I guess that's because they are taking money out of his pocket for tuition.

If he's that much of a "threat" Dr Zvil should have denied him admission a year ago, right???

Why does it matter if he got in trouble on the football field or not? Why would his standing as student matter? I assume his grades were fine at UM. I assume that he would be able to meet eligiblity requirements. Why would that have to be in the story?

I would be willing to be that nearly every college/university in the country has kids enrolled who have been not only charged, but convicted of crimes. It just gets published when it is a student athlete.

Are they put on scholarship and get the privledge of playing college athletics? I'm all for the young man to get his education. I just don't see how he deserves to play football.

What should he be charged with then, Clyde? A six month investigation with no conviction seems pretty sufficient.

Here's what I can't get past.

Video from Daniels phone was the KEY piece of evidence used to convict his running mate. Are we to think that someone else taped the crime?

One red flag. You are talking him up like he's been in constant trouble for the sake of questioning the UC program, and you're better than that...

Relax...it is how we define flags. ;)

Filming and whopping it up as his buddy has his way with an unconscious female...the same one he had his way with.

My point is...if Kelly can swing this kid in, maybe he believes he can get another one in and another and so forth.

Valid argument, in my opinion.

Why does it matter if he got in trouble on the football field or not? Why would his standing as student matter? I assume his grades were fine at UM. I assume that he would be able to meet eligiblity requirements. Why would that have to be in the story?

If he's some kind of menace, it's the same concern if he's a student...