Obama Refues To Let Women Sit Behind Him

Exactly, they you learn how much alike you really are.

:thumb:

I've learned that OR and I like Fried Apple Pies, the Reds, and the thoughts of slicing off and juicing OBL's grapenuts! :lol:

It is true, though, when you get to know someone, the differences shrink and similarities are magnified.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that ,like Obama, McCain is a decent man capable of running the country. But for my mom(and maybe for RebelK) casting a vote for a Republican is not an option. I think either man will do fine as president. As far as bench appointments, Obama will likely appoint someone closer to Breyer than Alito, and that carries a lot of weight with me.

And that is just one of the reasons that I won't vote for him.

Maybe because all those people like our dear friends on this board who still subscribe to the 'Secret Muslim, don't vote for Hussein' stuff.

This thread title is very misleading, since it was an individual staffer and not Obama or even campaign policy, and there's been an apology.

That's very convenient for Obama. Give the orders, and then if it fails, let your underlings fall on the sword. Then issue an apology. Very convenient...and crafty.

That's very convenient for Obama. Give the orders, and then if it fails, let your underlings fall on the sword. Then issue an apology. Very convenient...and crafty.

Maybe he is politically experienced after all.

I have nothing against Muslims or their religion, but for me at least, I have a very hard time disassociating my religious beliefs from my political ones. I know it's not supposed to be that way, but that's just the way it is for me.

A year ago, I would have had many other reasons to not want a Muslim as President, but a crazy thing has happened since then. I became friends with a girl who happens to be a Shiite(sp?) Muslim. While I definitely don't agree with the religion, it opened my eyes to a lot of things, and I came to realize she's every bit as nice as all my other friends, and not all want to kill Americans and blow things up.

Basically what I'm saying is my views on Muslims and their religion have changed quite a bit over the past year, but I'm just not quite ready to accept a Muslim as my commander-in-chief. I'm getting there, just not quite yet. (And I say this knowing full well that Obama is NOT a Muslim.)

Good points and I applaud you.

Timing..... and the media.... every night you hear of Shiite and Sunni Muslims car bombing and killing one another and American troops dying. 9-11 also didn't help much. Perception is reality.

So we blaim the entire religion or race of people for what a few do?

My grandparents voted for one GOP president in their entire lives and lived to regret it. They voted for Nixon because Kennedy was a Catholic. And so did many, many others, making that race one of the closest in history. The '08 race will be a close one as well...and for many of the old same prejudicial reasons and fears!!!
My point exactly.

So we blaim the entire religion or race of people for what a few do?

My point exactly.

That is how society is, it's sad, but in the age of fear mongering media (both from the sources slanted Liberal and Conservative) people cannot think for themselves and instead let talking heads become their voice.

That is how society is, it's sad, but in the age of fear mongering media (both from the sources slanted Liberal and Conservative) people cannot think for themselves and instead let talking heads become their voice.

I agree. :thumb: It's certainly not right, but it's the way things are. It's not just the media, either, it's the political figures (on both sides of the aisle) themselves.