Obama Refues To Let Women Sit Behind Him

Thanks it feels good to feel good enough to post. I feel sorry for all of you because there isn't a lot I can do right now, so I am on here quite a bit.

Anyway, The whole deal with Rev. Wright doesn't in itself make me think that Obama is a Muslim. The part about that that bothers me is the fact that Rev. Wright was spewing some horrible things about America and Obama didn't feel it necessary to disengage himself from that.

I don't know whatelse, and I am being honest, makes me feel that he is Muslim. There is just something about him that I just can't put my finger on that bothers me. If anyone saw the last issue of Time magazine and saw the picture of him after his last victory, when he knew he had the nomination, they would have seen a picture of him and his wife that truly bothered me. Why did it bother me? I don't know. Something about the looks on their faces creeped me out.

As for I would never vote any other way except dem. That really isn't true. I have, believe it or not, voted in the other direction on more than one occassion. I have given this lots of thought and come November I will probably have to vote for McCain because I truly just cannot vote for Obama.

RebelK, a very close friend of mine has a similar opinion. I don't think she has ever voted for a non-democrat in a presidential election. She simply cannot vote for Obama. However, she cannot vote for McCain either, as she considers him too close to Pres. Bush. Yet, she has never NOT voted. Quite a dilemma she is in.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks it feels good to feel good enough to post. I feel sorry for all of you because there isn't a lot I can do right now, so I am on here quite a bit.

Anyway, The whole deal with Rev. Wright doesn't in itself make me think that Obama is a Muslim. The part about that that bothers me is the fact that Rev. Wright was spewing some horrible things about America and Obama didn't feel it necessary to disengage himself from that.

I don't know whatelse, and I am being honest, makes me feel that he is Muslim. There is just something about him that I just can't put my finger on that bothers me. If anyone saw the last issue of Time magazine and saw the picture of him after his last victory, when he knew he had the nomination, they would have seen a picture of him and his wife that truly bothered me. Why did it bother me? I don't know. Something about the looks on their faces creeped me out.

As for I would never vote any other way except dem. That really isn't true. I have, believe it or not, voted in the other direction on more than one occassion. I have given this lots of thought and come November I will probably have to vote for McCain because I truly just cannot vote for Obama.

Did you notice anything scribbled on any medication you received while in the hospital ...maybe something like G-O-P ??? ;)

Seriously, great to have you back posting.

A question, if Sen. Obama places Hillary on the ticket with him, will that make any difference in your feelings about your vote in Nov. I think if he puts Hillary on the ticket, my mom will probably vote for him. I know she will not vote McCain.

I don't understand why everyone has to vote strictly Democrat or strictly Republican?

It's about the candidate who best represents you and is the most qualified to run our country...

I make no secrets that McCain is my choice when he is running against Obama, but what might surprise people is the fact I have voted Democrat the past two presidential elections (never was a Bush supporter), McCain is simply and blatantly the more qualified candidate and, to me, the much more trustworthy candidate who's views are closer to my own.

I believe it was one of the Ram's who said they are conservatives but are unobjectively for Obama in this election, I respect that alot more than people who are unable to justify choosing based on merit and not on the little letter that appears in front of the candidates name. The directions the parties have individually taken over the past 25 years is nowhere near where they used to be, thus making it far more illogical to vote because "that's how I was raised to vote"

Something about that just struck me as funny. Don't know why.

I just don't understand the fear of the Muslim religion. Maybe someone can explain it to me. I've taken a look back at the 1960 presidential election and found that there were people who were afraid of John Kennedy being catholic. I don't understand that one either.

If we are supposed to have a separation of church and state what difference does it make what religion the president is? Or for that matter if he or she believes in God at all?

I'm really disheartened by the perceived notion of fear of Muslims or the religion it self. I can tell everyone why. I have a grandson due in August. He will have a Muslim name and his father is a Muslim.

It seems to me he has two strikes against him before he is born. The second being his father is a follower of Minister Louis Farrakhan.

I just don't understand the fear of the Muslim religion. Maybe someone can explain it to me. I've taken a look back at the 1960 presidential election and found that there were people who were afraid of John Kennedy being catholic. I don't understand that one either.

If we are supposed to have a separation of church and state what difference does it make what religion the president is? Or for that matter if he or she believes in God at all?

I'm really disheartened by the perceived notion of fear of Muslims or the religion it self. I can tell everyone why. I have a grandson due in August. He will have a Muslim name and his father is a Muslim.

It seems to me he has two strikes against him before he is born. The second being his father is a follower of Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Timing..... and the media.... every night you hear of Shiite and Sunni Muslims car bombing and killing one another and American troops dying. 9-11 also didn't help much. Perception is reality.

My grandparents voted for one GOP president in their entire lives and lived to regret it. They voted for Nixon because Kennedy was a Catholic. And so did many, many others, making that race one of the closest in history. The '08 race will be a close one as well...and for many of the old same prejudicial reasons and fears!!!

Can you imagine how photographs of Obama standing in front of these two women would have been used? I wonder how many BGP avatars would soon pop up with a photo and the words, "Barack Hussein Obama" or, "shhhh, (secret muslim)" in the location field...

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/muslim-women-rejected-at-obama-rally/20080618155909990001?icid=100214839x1204173355x1200181957

Apparently Obama's campaign wants to eliminate the fear of his Muslim roots anyway possible, even if it means alienating his supporters for the sake of good PR. Seems everyone kissed and made up after the fact, also appears this was not Obama's doing as well.

Thoughts?

:sleep:

Did you notice anything scribbled on any medication you received while in the hospital ...maybe something like G-O-P ??? ;)

Seriously, great to have you back posting.

A question, if Sen. Obama places Hillary on the ticket with him, will that make any difference in your feelings about your vote in Nov. I think if he puts Hillary on the ticket, my mom will probably vote for him. I know she will not vote McCain.

Thanks.......I will have to look over my meds again to make sure that didn't happen.:lol::lol::lol:

No I will not vote for him even if he puts Hillary on the ticket. I do hope that if offered, Hillary will not accept.

I have nothing against Muslims or their religion, but for me at least, I have a very hard time disassociating my religious beliefs from my political ones. I know it's not supposed to be that way, but that's just the way it is for me.

A year ago, I would have had many other reasons to not want a Muslim as President, but a crazy thing has happened since then. I became friends with a girl who happens to be a Shiite(sp?) Muslim. While I definitely don't agree with the religion, it opened my eyes to a lot of things, and I came to realize she's every bit as nice as all my other friends, and not all want to kill Americans and blow things up.

Basically what I'm saying is my views on Muslims and their religion have changed quite a bit over the past year, but I'm just not quite ready to accept a Muslim as my commander-in-chief. I'm getting there, just not quite yet. (And I say this knowing full well that Obama is NOT a Muslim.)

I have nothing against Muslims or their religion, but for me at least, I have a very hard time disassociating my religious beliefs from my political ones. I know it's not supposed to be that way, but that's just the way it is for me.

A year ago, I would have had many other reasons to not want a Muslim as President, but a crazy thing has happened since then. I became friends with a girl who happens to be a Shiite(sp?) Muslim. While I definitely don't agree with the religion, it opened my eyes to a lot of things, and I came to realize she's every bit as nice as all my other friends, and not all want to kill Americans and blow things up.

Basically what I'm saying is my views on Muslims and their religion have changed quite a bit over the past year, but I'm just not quite ready to accept a Muslim as my commander-in-chief. I'm getting there, just not quite yet. (And I say this knowing full well that Obama is NOT a Muslim.)

Good point...when you start to actually know people that are in the group that is different from you, it makes a difference in your perception. :thumb:

I think your experience is indicative of most Americans. Most fear what they do not know. I consider myself lucky because throughout my life, I've had the opportunity to associate with alot of people from a lot of differnt cultures, many controversial. When I was in high school, I tutored Hatian refugees in English, as the high school I attended was right down the street from an apartment complex that Catholic Charities resettled them. Since my almost 20 year career happened to be in hotels, I've worked with immigrants and refugees from: Iran, Iraq, Bosnia, Serbia, Russia, Belgravia, Somolia, Afghanistan, Cuba, Mexico, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, Egypt, France, Italy, Canada, Korea, Burma (now something else), Haiti, Kenya, Jamaica, Poland, Scotland, England, Ireland, Hungary, Turkey, Bolivia, Columbia, Brazil and Venezuala. It's been an enriching experience in many, many ways.

I think your experience is indicative of most Americans. Most fear what they do not know. I consider myself lucky because throughout my life, I've had the opportunity to associate with alot of people from a lot of differnt cultures, many controversial. When I was in high school, I tutored Hatian refugees in English, as the high school I attended was right down the street from an apartment complex that Catholic Charities resettled them. Since my almost 20 year career happened to be in hotels, I've worked with immigrants and refugees from: Iran, Iraq, Bosnia, Serbia, Russia, Belgravia, Somolia, Afghanistan, Cuba, Mexico, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, Egypt, France, Italy, Canada, Korea, Burma (now something else), Haiti, Kenya, Jamaica, Poland, Scotland, England, Ireland, Hungary, Turkey, Bolivia, Columbia, Brazil and Venezuala. It's been an enriching experience in many, many ways.

Very true. Those fears tend to subside when one gets to know the person they fear. That's why I would always encourage some dialogue, regardless of how futile its fruitfulness may appear.