Obama Refues To Let Women Sit Behind Him

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread title is very misleading, since it was an individual staffer and not Obama or even campaign policy, and there's been an apology.

Would you rather me title "Team Obama Refuses to Let Women Sit Behind Him"

Who says it wasn't campaign policy? I haven't seen anyone in scarves behind him the entire election? Maybe it just wasn't campaign policy once someone spoke up suddenly.

There has been an apology, but not the one that the women requested from Obama himself.

Let's face it folks, this is the POLITICAL arena. I am amazed at how often you guys forget that. If i were a candidate for national office, knowing the climate and prejudicial attitude of many in this country towards anything Muslim, I would insist on keeping any Muslim images as far away from me as possible. That is, if I had any desire to get elected. NOTHING a politician does is without political forethought.

Sure. The man has attended a Christian church for over 20 years. We know this back from all of the Rev. Wright backlash. To know this and STILL choose to believe he is Muslim is no longer ignorance. Ignorance means that someone is lacking in the facts. When you know the facts and choose to believe otherwise is not ignorance.

But do I know all the facts? That's why I am not sure about him and his situation. Have I been told all the facts? I would never brand anyone something they aren't but is there something missing? Is there something there or not there that hasn't been said? I guess, for me, there are just too many "whatif's" running around with this man.

Don't tell me that you belong to a church for 20 years and you never heard the vile spewings of your preacher. If you did and it didn't bother you enough to find another church, then what does that make you? I have never attended any church that I wasn't told about something that was said or done when I was't there. So I really wish he wouldn't think that I was stupid enough to think he wasn't told in some form or fashion also.

I suppose there is just too much about this man that bothers me to the point that I will not vote for him.

I know plenty of people who go to church every single week, but I would never consider calling them Catholics....The fact is there is something about Obama that makes me unable to trust him. I don't call it ignorance, I call it being cautious.

I'm not sure how that is applicable. If they attend mass every week you may not think that they are true Catholics, but does that mean that you think that they are secretly Musliim? That is what my post is about. If you cannot trust him for some reason that has nothing to do with his religion or the inaccurate perception that he is secretly Muslim, then that is fine and has nothing to do with my point.

But do I know all the facts? That's why I am not sure about him and his situation. Have I been told all the facts? I would never brand anyone something they aren't but is there something missing? Is there something there or not there that hasn't been said? I guess, for me, there are just too many "whatif's" running around with this man.

Don't tell me that you belong to a church for 20 years and you never heard the vile spewings of your preacher. If you did and it didn't bother you enough to find another church, then what does that make you? I have never attended any church that I wasn't told about something that was said or done when I was't there. So I really wish he wouldn't think that I was stupid enough to think he wasn't told in some form or fashion also.

I suppose there is just too much about this man that bothers me to the point that I will not vote for him.

RebelK, it's wonderful that you feel good enough to be able to post with us!

I understand your concerns about the whole deal with Rev. Wright issue...but how does this lead you believe that he is secretly Muslim?

Rebel, you sound SO much like my mom. She is a lifelong Democrat and is so in love with Bill and Hillary you wouldn't believe it. I am having to work on her hard with Sen. Obama. I think a lot of it has to do with her being mad that her candidate(Queen Hillary) lost and she blames Obama. But she has expressed some of the same concerns, I believe unfounded, that you have. What it boils down to is , do wewant someone whose policies are more aligned with those of Bill and Hillary(I do) or someone whose policies are more aligned with George and George(Sr.&Jr.)? Obama is a decent man, I am quite certain of it. There is not a scintilla of evidence that he is a sympathizer of radical Muslim terrorists. Don't let the right-wing scare machine keep you home in November. They are not good for much, but they are good at scaring decent folk from doing what's best for the country. I will keep working on my mom, and both of you listen to Hillary over the next few months. This election is too important to stay at home. Staying at home in the fall could mean another Alito or Thomas instead of someone like Steven Breyer or David Souter. Learn all you can about Sen.Obama between now and Nov. until you are comfortable with the prospects of him as the nation's next great leader, which I am confident he is capable of being.

Rebel, you sound SO much like my mom. She is a lifelong Democrat and is so in love with Bill and Hillary you wouldn't believe it. I am having to work on her hard with Sen. Obama. I think a lot of it has to do with her being mad that her candidate(Queen Hillary) lost and she blames Obama. But she has expressed some of the same concerns, I believe unfounded, that you have. What it boils down to is , do wewant someone whose policies are more aligned with those of Bill and Hillary(I do) or someone whose policies are more aligned with George and George(Sr.&Jr.)? Obama is a decent man, I am quite certain of it. There is not a scintilla of evidence that he is a sympathizer of radical Muslim terrorists. Don't let the right-wing scare machine keep you home in November. They are not good for much, but they are good at scaring decent folk from doing what's best for the country. I will keep working on my mom, and both of you listen to Hillary over the next few months. This election is too important to stay at home. Staying at home in the fall could mean another Alito or Thomas instead of someone like Steven Breyer or David Souter. Learn all you can about Sen.Obama between now and Nov. until you are comfortable with the prospects of him as the nation's next great leader, which I am confident he is capable of being.

... or you could go with McCain who math has openly said he feels confident is a good man who could run this country and not have to worry about it.. :D

Let's face it folks, this is the POLITICAL arena. I am amazed at how often you guys forget that. If i were a candidate for national office, knowing the climate and prejudicial attitude of many in this country towards anything Muslim, I would insist on keeping any Muslim images as far away from me as possible. That is, if I had any desire to get elected. NOTHING a politician does is without political forethought.

And each time I caught you at it I would wonder what else was being concealed, altered, or misrepresented in your campaign. Deceit leads to mistrust, be it your proverbial right wing scare machine or cleverly disguising facts.

... or you could go with McCain who math has openly said he feels confident is a good man who could run this country and not have to worry about it.. :D

I believe that ,like Obama, McCain is a decent man capable of running the country. But for my mom(and maybe for RebelK) casting a vote for a Republican is not an option. I think either man will do fine as president. As far as bench appointments, Obama will likely appoint someone closer to Breyer than Alito, and that carries a lot of weight with me.

And each time I caught you at it I would wonder what else was being concealed, altered, or misrepresented in your campaign. Deceit leads to mistrust, be it your proverbial right wing scare machine or cleverly disguising facts.

I'm simply saying never overlook the fact that ALL(and I mean all) political figures give forethought to everything they say and do and how it will affect their political ambitions or goals. I know it is frustrating, but it is a fact.

I'm simply saying never overlook the fact that ALL(and I mean all) political figures give forethought to everything they say and do and how it will affect their political ambitions or goals. I know it is frustrating, but it is a fact.

I do not accept the "everyone else does it" excuse from my children and I don't accept it from politicians. I am aware that both sides do it, it's SOP, and it's up to me to weed through it. However, I do hold it against them and the one who attempts to mislead me the most has a decided disadvantage.

I believe that ,like Obama, McCain is a decent man capable of running the country. But for my mom(and maybe for RebelK) casting a vote for a Republican is not an option. I think either men will do fine as president. As far as bench appointments, Obama will likely appoint someone closer to Breyer than Alito, and that carries a lot of weight with me.

I don't understand why everyone has to vote strictly Democrat or strictly Republican?

It's about the candidate who best represents you and is the most qualified to run our country...

I make no secrets that McCain is my choice when he is running against Obama, but what might surprise people is the fact I have voted Democrat the past two presidential elections (never was a Bush supporter), McCain is simply and blatantly the more qualified candidate and, to me, the much more trustworthy candidate who's views are closer to my own.

I believe it was one of the Ram's who said they are conservatives but are unobjectively for Obama in this election, I respect that alot more than people who are unable to justify choosing based on merit and not on the little letter that appears in front of the candidates name. The directions the parties have individually taken over the past 25 years is nowhere near where they used to be, thus making it far more illogical to vote because "that's how I was raised to vote"

RebelK, it's wonderful that you feel good enough to be able to post with us!

I understand your concerns about the whole deal with Rev. Wright issue...but how does this lead you believe that he is secretly Muslim?

Thanks it feels good to feel good enough to post. I feel sorry for all of you because there isn't a lot I can do right now, so I am on here quite a bit.

Anyway, The whole deal with Rev. Wright doesn't in itself make me think that Obama is a Muslim. The part about that that bothers me is the fact that Rev. Wright was spewing some horrible things about America and Obama didn't feel it necessary to disengage himself from that.

I don't know whatelse, and I am being honest, makes me feel that he is Muslim. There is just something about him that I just can't put my finger on that bothers me. If anyone saw the last issue of Time magazine and saw the picture of him after his last victory, when he knew he had the nomination, they would have seen a picture of him and his wife that truly bothered me. Why did it bother me? I don't know. Something about the looks on their faces creeped me out.

As for I would never vote any other way except dem. That really isn't true. I have, believe it or not, voted in the other direction on more than one occassion. I have given this lots of thought and come November I will probably have to vote for McCain because I truly just cannot vote for Obama.