Obama Refues To Let Women Sit Behind Him

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/muslim-women-rejected-at-obama-rally/20080618155909990001?icid=100214839x1204173355x1200181957

Apparently Obama's campaign wants to eliminate the fear of his Muslim roots anyway possible, even if it means alienating his supporters for the sake of good PR. Seems everyone kissed and made up after the fact, also appears this was not Obama's doing as well.

Thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If staffers make an error in judgement and the mistake is acknowledged and remedied, I don't hold it against a candidate.

What does bug me is the carefully orchestrated group of people shown behind the candidate whenever a camera is near. All races, religions, sexes, and ages are lined up like product placements in movies. I dispise being thought to be so unintelligent as to get all warm and fuzzy about the broad spectrum of people who just happen to be there in support of whatever candidate is getting air time.

What does bug me is the carefully orchestrated group of people shown behind the candidate whenever a camera is near. All races, religions, sexes, and ages are lined up like product placements in movies. I dispise being thought to be so unintelligent as to get all warm and fuzzy about the broad spectrum of people who just happen to be there in support of whatever candidate is getting air time.

This part of the post right here is why I love the movie "Wag the Dog", lol.

If staffers make an error in judgement and the mistake is acknowledged and remedied, I don't hold it against a candidate.

I want them all to know that I didn't fall of the turnip truck yesterday and that I do understand how all of these little rallies are staged. Now why on earth would it bother him, his staffers and his image to have these women with scarfs on their heads begin seated behind him? Ummmmmmm.....

Maybe because all those people like our dear friends on this board who still subscribe to the 'Secret Muslim, don't vote for Hussein' stuff.

This thread title is very misleading, since it was an individual staffer and not Obama or even campaign policy, and there's been an apology.

Maybe because all those people like our dear friends on this board who still subscribe to the 'Secret Muslim, don't vote for Hussein' stuff.

This thread title is very misleading, since it was an individual staffer and not Obama or even campaign policy, and there's been an apology.

I have never been anything but honest and straight forward with my thoughts and what I say so I will say it, I am not totally convinced that he isn't "secretly Muslim". Slap me if you wish but that's just what I think. There is just something about this man that I am just not sure about and perhaps this is it. I also do not like his wife. There is nothing she or anyone can say to make me feel any differently about her. I think she's a snob and IMO, doesn't do a whole lot to hide the fact.

On the other hand, I do not like Cindy McCain either. So I guess it's lucky for them both that their wives don't have to be voted in also:D

I have never been anything but honest and straight forward with my thoughts and what I say so I will say it, I am not totally convinced that he isn't "secretly Muslim". Slap me if you wish but that's just what I think. There is just something about this man that I am just not sure about and perhaps this is it. I also do not like his wife. There is nothing she or anyone can say to make me feel any differently about her. I think she's a snob and IMO, doesn't do a whole lot to hide the fact.

On the other hand, I do not like Cindy McCain either. So I guess it's lucky for them both that their wives don't have to be voted in also:D

:thumb: I feel the same way on all accounts.

SLAP.

I'm afraid my ignorance is showing. Can you clarify this, please?

Sure. The man has attended a Christian church for over 20 years. We know this back from all of the Rev. Wright backlash. To know this and STILL choose to believe he is Muslim is no longer ignorance. Ignorance means that someone is lacking in the facts. When you know the facts and choose to believe otherwise is not ignorance.

Sure. The man has attended a Christian church for over 20 years. We know this back from all of the Rev. Wright backlash. To know this and STILL choose to believe he is Muslim is no longer ignorance. Ignorance means that someone is lacking in the facts. When you know the facts and choose to believe otherwise is not ignorance.

I know plenty of people who go to church every single week, but I would never consider calling them Catholics....The fact is there is something about Obama that makes me unable to trust him. I don't call it ignorance, I call it being cautious.

Just what is it about Sen. Obama that scares you so bad? Remember, the Founding Fathers were pretty wise with their insistence on separation of powers and checks and balances and such. I am not fearful in the least that either of these men, Obama or McCain, will bring about the end of civilization as we know it.