Will the ruling on Euton scare Zollo off at GRC?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because his commute is so his son can play at Scott county! He said it for the world to see. That in my opinion is moving for athletic reasons. Re read the article and what his Dad said, classic case of open mouth insert foot.

What got Euton I think is his dads comments. Not the commuting, that doesn't even make sense.

I guess it's ok to pick your school, you just can't say why ? Obviously the KHSAA has had training from the school of moronic science ! There is nothing wrong with bylaw 6 as it requires a "bona fide change of residence" , however when section H-3 is used in tandem with it , it becomes unreasonable. IMO section H-3 should be removed from bylaw 6. As long as the student has met the requirement outlined in the first part of bylaw 6 , the latter should not apply. Section H-3 should be a "stand alone" rule if it is going to be used.............. Send Euton and Jackson to GRC , they don't want to play there !:D

The big difference in Euton and Zollo...Mom got a job in the same school he will be playing for. Eutons Dad will be commuting twenty or so miles to Lexington

The BIG thing is the cost of living is cheaper in Georgetown than it is in Lexington. I live in Lexington and can't wait for the market on houses to get better because I am moving to Georgetown. Lower house prices. lower taxes, and a better academice and athletics for kids. I personally think the Euton's made a smart chose not moving to Lexington. The KHSAA needs to better define the transfer rules.

LABS has posted some remarks by that family as well about the athletics.

I guarantee you that they will be playing at Scott Co. next season.

Thanks, for the record, Scott County is not the only school accepting tickets at the gate for transfers. The elevators don't go all the way to the top floor if anyone believes these kids just show up at basketball hotbeds or powerhouse programs without the swaying of athletics on their minds as the #1 priority. In this case, parents comments have made a otherwise moehill into a mountain. Who has the smarts here?

So by your guarantee, are you setting in on the board of control for this appeal?:D Just kidding GRC4LIFE.

Here's what some don't realize though that are saying Zollo could be ruled ineligible. He would have never even been mentioned as coming to GRC had his mother not put out a resume for a teaching job and then contacted by the school. That's a big difference than the other situations.

The kid will be attending the school his mother teaches at. Not say living in Scott Co so he can go there while his mother drives to Clark Co everyday for work.

If Euton's dad wanted a job that bad in Lex, why didn't they just move there? Instead he's driving 20 miles everyday to work. BIG BIG difference.

Here's what some don't realize though that are saying Zollo could be ruled ineligible. He would have never even been mentioned as coming to GRC had his mother not put out a resume for a teaching job and then contacted by the school. That's a big difference than the other situations.

The kid will be attending the school his mother teaches at. Not say living in Scott Co so he can go there while his mother drives to Clark Co everyday for work.

If Euton's dad wanted a job that bad in Lex, why didn't they just move there? Instead he's driving 20 miles everyday to work. BIG BIG difference.

I agree with the first part, but a huge stretch on the second part about Euton. How many people who live in NKY, Kenton Boone and Campbell counties, that work in southwestern Ohio, not only another county but another state? Heck, most kids in NKY would be ruled ineligible.

The KHSAA should NOT be able to tell people where they can and cannot live! It was a legitimate move! He not only sold his house, but the job he had closed up shop. Case closed!

That makes perfect sense to me and to you, but will the KHSAA see it the same way or will they interpret "because it is closer to Lexington and UK" as a move "for athletic purpose" since he is a UK basketball recruit/committ? With this ruling on Euton I don't think it's that far down the slippery slope.

We do realize that more than basketball does on at UK, right? "To be closer to UK," is not the same as saying "I want my kid to play for a better team."

I guess it's ok to pick your school, you just can't say why ? Obviously the KHSAA has had training from the school of moronic science ! There is nothing wrong with bylaw 6 as it requires a "bona fide change of residence" , however when section H-3 is used in tandem with it , it becomes unreasonable. IMO section H-3 should be removed from bylaw 6. As long as the student has met the requirement outlined in the first part of bylaw 6 , the latter should not apply. Section H-3 should be a "stand alone" rule if it is going to be used.............. Send Euton and Jackson to GRC , they don't want to play there !:D

And as long as the member schools of the KHSAA want that provision in there, then my guess is that the KHSAA Commissioner and Board of Control have little choice but to enforce it. Be careful who you loosely through around as moronic science alums. The KHSAA is the collective group of 280 or so schools who write the rules that are then subsequently approved by the Kentucky Board of Education and the Legislature. I don't think their Board or staff have very much to say about choosing not to apply the rules once they are given that final approval.

The open recruitment of athletes to feed a school’s sports program and increasing sports revenues should be prevented. None of us has a problem with that, but parents should be free to choose the school their child attends, for whatever reasons they deem significant... whether it be sports, math, science, art or whatever. If parents are willing to move their entire family into a particular school’s district to fulfill that eligibility, the issue should be closed.

The focus needs to be on policing member schools, not the parents and children they exist to serve.

And as long as the member schools of the KHSAA want that provision in there, then my guess is that the KHSAA Commissioner and Board of Control have little choice but to enforce it. Be careful who you loosely through around as moronic science alums. The KHSAA is the collective group of 280 or so schools who write the rules that are then subsequently approved by the Kentucky Board of Education and the Legislature. I don't think their Board or staff have very much to say about choosing not to apply the rules once they are given that final approval.

I do understand how it is all supposed to work. With that many people governing KHSAA that's all the more reason this rule (H-3) should never have been attached to Bylaw 6. As I said , if they are going to use H-3 it should be a stand alone rule applying only to those that move solely for sports reasons. It should have no influence on a bona fied move of necessity to any school of choice. Just because any board or legislature has approved anything does not in fact make it right, or even legal for that matter. I think due process will win out in this case IF it is challenged to the end.