Will the ruling on Euton scare Zollo off at GRC?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If indeed the comments Clay Euton made to the newspaper cost his son a year of eligibility, will the comments made in the Winchester Sun by Vinny Zollo's mother come back to haunt him?

What comments did she make that you are you referring to??

What comments did she make that you are you referring to??

I'm going to have to go back an look, but I have it in my head that there was some talk of being closer to UK and something about visiting Scott Co., Dunbar and Lex Cath. before he decided on GRC. If that is the case, does moving to any school in KY to be closer to UK constitute "for athletic purposes"?

Anyone who has read my posts regarding the KHSAA knows that I think they are a joke and that if a family moves for any reason at all I think the kid should be eligible. However, if the Eutons have actually moved and the KHSAA is ruling him ineligible because they moved "for athletic purposes". I would guess that the same rediculous interpreation of the rule could apply in this case with Zollo. By no means am I saying this should happen, but I think it possibly could.

If indeed the comments Clay Euton made to the newspaper cost his son a year of eligibility, will the comments made in the Winchester Sun by Vinny Zollo's mother come back to haunt him?

Here is a link to the article in the Winchester Sun..don't see any comments that would hurt Vinney. In fact it would help their case that GRC did NOT approach them.

http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=13677&format=html

I'm going to have to go back an look, but I have it in my head that there was some talk of being closer to UK and something about visiting Scott Co., Dunbar and Lex Cath. before he decided on GRC. If that is the case, does moving to any school in KY to be closer to UK constitute "for athletic purposes"?

Anyone who has read my posts regarding the KHSAA knows that I think they are a joke and that if a family moves for any reason at all I think the kid should be eligible. However, if the Eutons have actually moved and the KHSAA is ruling him ineligible because they moved "for athletic purposes". I would guess that the same rediculous interpreation of the rule could apply in this case with Zollo. By no means am I saying this should happen, but I think it possibly could.

I agree with what you are saying. If a family moves (doesn't matter what the reason), the kid should be eligible. The parents are only doing what is best for them and the kid. The KHSAA is so inconsistent and unpredictable, so who knows what will happen in this situation.

Here is a link to the article in the Winchester Sun..don't see any comments that would hurt Vinney. In fact it would help their case that GRC did NOT approach them.

http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=13677&format=html

I'm not at all saying that GRC approached him. Nothing like that. I don't think Scott Co. approached Euton either. But the word is that Euton was ruled ineligible because even though he made a legitimate move, the dad really had to find a new job - the KHSAA and their infinite wisdom says that all of this was done "for athletic purposes".

If the Zollo's make a legit move to Winchester but the motive for the move is to play basketball closer to UK, could the KHSAA make the same rediculous ruling?

He didn't visit Scott Co. or Dunbar, I'm pretty sure about that. The reason I think this is different is because they didn't say they moved to GRC to better themselves for basketball. They said they wanted to move into the area because it is closer to Lexington and UK. :thumb:

He didn't visit Scott Co. or Dunbar, I'm pretty sure about that. The reason I think this is different is because they didn't say they moved to GRC to better themselves for basketball. They said they wanted to move into the area because it is closer to Lexington and UK. :thumb:

That makes perfect sense to me and to you, but will the KHSAA see it the same way or will they interpret "because it is closer to Lexington and UK" as a move "for athletic purpose" since he is a UK basketball recruit/committ? With this ruling on Euton I don't think it's that far down the slippery slope.

I'm not at all saying that GRC approached him. Nothing like that. I don't think Scott Co. approached Euton either. But the word is that Euton was ruled ineligible because even though he made a legitimate move, the dad really had to find a new job - the KHSAA and their infinite wisdom says that all of this was done "for athletic purposes".

If the Zollo's make a legit move to Winchester but the motive for the move is to play basketball closer to UK, could the KHSAA make the same rediculous ruling?

In this case I don't think so. but with the KHASAA you never know.

You are right on the bolded part.

That makes perfect sense to me and to you, but will the KHSAA see it the same way or will they interpret "because it is closer to Lexington and UK" as a move "for athletic purpose" since he is a UK basketball recruit/committ? With this ruling on Euton I don't think it's that far down the slippery slope.

Now that I can't answer... who knows what the KHSAA will think, say or do. :lol: I just hope KHSAA doesn't try and do too much on these transfers and ruin a lot of familys lives in the process.:thumb:

In this case I don't think so. but with the KHASAA you never know.

You are right on the bolded part.

I laughed out loud with your extra A followed by an S- I think they deserve an extra A in there for a word filter item too!:lol:

Based on the Euton ruling, I think there is a real possibility Zollo may be ruled ineligible for GRC. Yea, a recent UK recruits mom just happens to post her resume and GRC calls her for an interview. Just coincidence.

I think the article referenced above could hurt Zollo's eligibility. We will see. Never can follow any logic with the KHSAA.