Game 3: Lakers 87 Celtics 81

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lakers were more aggressive than they were in game 2, but the FT's were something like 19-2 in favor of the Lakers last night in the first half. 2 nights ago it was 19-2 the other way. The NBA loses credibility when there are that dramatic of shifts from 1 venue to the next.

Why did the Celtics give up w/ 20 seconds left?

Would not feel great about this game if I were the Lakers. Other than Allen, the rest of the Celtics played pretty poorly.

Pierce 2-14

Garnett 6-21

I don't see this happening to much anymore. Celtics in 6

Other than Kobe Gasol and Odom played poorly. For Garnett it's becoming more of a trend the last couple of games than an abberation.

Lakers, well Kobe, made plays when it mattered. The Celtics are a very good team and almost won it even though Pierce had 6 points.

I do not think the Lakers will win the next 2 home games, the way they played tonight was very inconsistent, I doubt they'll be able to hold Pierce to 6 points again.

I say Celtics win the next one, and the Lakers win game 5. I could see the Celtics winning the next two games but I'll give the Lakers the benefit of the doubt.

I was wondering the same thing as well...they were only down six. Plus, the Lakers weren't shooting great at the charity stripe. I was a little confused by that myself.

Makes you wonder about what Donnahy said, funny how Celtics didn't foul but they covered the spread.

Lakers, well Kobe, made plays when it mattered. The Celtics are a very good team and almost won it even though Pierce had 6 points.

I do not think the Lakers will win the next 2 home games, the way they played tonight was very inconsistent, I doubt they'll be able to hold Pierce to 6 points again.

I say Celtics win the next one, and the Lakers win game 5. I could see the Celtics winning the next two games but I'll give the Lakers the benefit of the doubt.

If I'm a Celtics fan I'm a little worried that Pierce might be hurt more than that he just struggled last night. Add that to the fact that now Rondo is a little hurt, and w/ Kobe ignoring him when he is in the game and it might shift the series. KG hasn't in his whole career shown the 4th quarter I'm taking over now, and you have to start wondering. As bad as Boston played last night so did LA so I wouldn't lean on we'll play better Thursday.

They have played pretty inconsistent throughout the all three games. I just don't understand how it's possible to play on two totally different ends of the spectrum.

Makes you wonder about what Donnahy said, funny how Celtics didn't foul but they covered the spread.

That had nothing to do w/ it last night. Where the refs can most affect the outcome of a game is the volume of free throws that one side shoots and calling ticky tack fouls on superstars...ie....game 2 FT disparity and Kobe w/ 3 cheap ones in the first half. Was Pierce in foul trouble most of the game last night?

That had nothing to do w/ it last night. Where the refs can most affect the outcome of a game is the volume of free throws that one side shoots and calling ticky tack fouls on superstars...ie....game 2 FT disparity and Kobe w/ 3 cheap ones in the first half. Was Pierce in foul trouble most of the game last night?

He ended up with 5.