West 27 East 14 (NKY Allstar Game)

No score through three quarters in an all star game. Ryan Ball featured back and did not run the ball much all year. Bricking only QB and threw four interceptions. How'd I do on those facts?

The East offense went up and down the field and outgained the West; the West did little outside of 3 long passes.

Ryan Ball had been a running back his entire career until last year and still returned punts, and he rushed for well over 150 yards in the all star game, and was voted the offensive MVP by the coaches. As the Guru mentioned, Molony came down with mono.

Bricking was the only QB; the staff did not get to pick or recruit their roster; there was not another passer on the roster; (Miller was one of only 3 CBs and Cecil missed a lot due to running in the state track meet);Bricking also threw 2 TD passes and completed close to 20 balls.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like this thread is quickly coming to a close. For whatever reasons (which will never be resolved on here) the East didn't practice much. I'm told there were only 4 scheduled practices. Why there wasn't more who knows. And at this point, who cares. The game is over. Congrats to all the kids that played in the game. It may not have worked out the way some wanted it to, but that's life and its only an all star game anyway. Best of luck to all the kids that choose to play with their college and other endeavors.

Is Clay Cecil not a qb???? I would think in an all-star game you would rather have a dual threat qb.. Especially if you were limited in the amount of practices that you had....JMO...

I agree with Cecil being the QB and using multiple Qb's. (Miller, Cecil, Bricking), but in 06 the east squad used Diehl as their only QB the whole game.

I dug around for some more detailed information and came up with the following:

Buckley from CCH chose not to play due to a vacation.

There were six practices. More were scheduled but there were multiple conflicts.

Hurtt chose to play LB, not RB.

Moloney came down with mono two days before the game and the offense was in large part built around him.

There are numerous instances of players not coming to practices. One example is NCC had 5 players. 3 of them played baseball and the other two only showed up 2 out of 6 practices. The other 3 showed up 1 time. Holmes only had 2 of their 5 players scheduled to play show up for any practice and believe it or not 2 more of the Holmes players showed up on game night only. The entire Highlands contingent missed the last practice and Cecil had conflicts with the track meet making it tough to play him at QB. One practice only 25 of the 45 kids on the team showed up to practice. There are other examples but everyone gets the idea.

James Miller is a gifted athlete but he had a meltdown and was ejected from the game. Add to that, passing the ball was not his strong suit and that answers why he didn't play QB.

Ryan Ball had a great game at RB so I don't know how anyone can fault the coaching staff for using him there.

The bottom line is the powers that be need to take another look at this game and determine if it is time to go in another direction.