West 27 East 14 (NKY Allstar Game)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking the rosters and I didn't happen to notice any kids from Ludlow on the team but maybe I'm overlooking them or could this be one last slap in the face..

Bob Berns, Adam Bowling, Derek Bryan, Tony Stadtmiller, Chris Weber, Bellevue; Huff, Austin Studer, Campbell County; Chris Cason, Kevin Stewart, Kyle Furnish, Andy Schulte, Covington Catholic; Ryan Brownfield, Keith Searcy, Dustin Trimnell, Richard Turner, Chris Young, Dayton; Stephen Benson, Joey Bricking, E.J. Dettmer, Derrik Freeman, Mitchell Jett, Alex Koski, Marty Molony, Dixie Heights; Ryan Ball, Clay Cecil, Zach Hurtt, Drew Simons, Luke Stein, Highlands; Duriell Diggs, D.J. Hunter, James Miller, Rashaad Palmer, Holmes; Billy Deters, Billy Herald, Ryne Wilfong, Newport Cody Wes Diehl, Nick Franzen, Dustin Giesler, John Pabst, Matt Ritter, Tommy Wilson, Newport Central Catholic

Head coach: Dave Brossart, Covington Catholic

WEST

Ryan Amelung, Kory Bailey, Tommy Bankemper, Drew Davis, Alex Morehead, Beechwood; Shawn Bogle, Sam Brown, Mercier Doucette, Nick Kaiser, Jon Shanks, Greg Turner, Boone County; Alex Brann, James Champ, Ryan Dillon, Dave Mullins, Andy Pirrucello, Conner; Phillip Moore, Nick Vogelpohl, Jeff West, Robert Walker, Holy Cross; Kevin Flaherty, Jeremy Greer, Bryan Smith, Ross Woodward, Lloyd; Kyle Benke, Cameron Day, Ray Holstein, Jared Kaufman, Josh Morgan, Adam Schmitz, Ryle; Jordan Adkins, Joe Forrester, Robert Hankinson, Curtis Spencer, Kyle Yoest, Scott; Tyler Hopperton, Nate Ponzer, Tyler Rabe, Tyler Skaggs, Cory Tymenski, Ryan Vaughn, Simon Kenton

Head coach: Roy Lucas Jr., Lloyd

Really sorry I missed this game. Sounds like a doozie.

Henry521:

It could have been a little closer if the talent up and down the east's sideline got the opportunity to showcase their talent... It was a shame that the very respectable turn-out did not get the chance to see a true All-Star contest. The East boys were let down by a staff that gave little effort! Hopefully the coaching association will put deep thought towards the selection of coaches for the 2009 contest. Perhaps, they should just ask if the staff is up to the challenge...

Somehow, I got the feeling that Brossart was trying to impress his college alma mater coaching staff in the stands, Georgetown, with the Georgetown recruits on the east squad. As a result, the contest became a battle between Georgetown bound Ryan Ball at rb on the East and Georgetown bound Adam Schmitz, rb on the West. (BTW, both studs had a fantastic game and it was fun to see smash mouth football in June!)

Edited by Silver Streaker

Henry521:

It could have been a little closer if the talent up and down the east's sideline got the opportunity to showcase their talent... It was a shame that the very respectable turn-out did not get the chance to see a true All-Star contest. The East boys were let down by a staff that gave little effort! Hopefully the coaching association will put deep thought towards the selection of coaches for the 2009 contest. Perhaps, they should just ask if the staff is up to the challenge...

Somehow, I got the feeling that Brossart was trying to impress his college alma mater coaching staff in the stands, Georgetown, with the Georgetown recruits on the east squad. As a result, the contest became a battle between Georgetown bound Ryan Ball at rb on the East and Georgetown bound Adam Schmitz, rb on the West. (BTW, both studs had a fantastic game and it was fun to see smash mouth football in June!)

If Ball had a great game what was the problem??

The coaching staff not trying? That sounds a little silly.

The East outgained the West by a lot; the East had 3 bad plays defensively; the West defense played well inside the "red" zone.

It sounds like you are just a CCH/Brossart hater....

Just checking the rosters and I didn't happen to notice any kids from Ludlow on the team but maybe I'm overlooking them or could this be one last slap in the face..

Bob Berns, Adam Bowling, Derek Bryan, Tony Stadtmiller, Chris Weber, Bellevue; Huff, Austin Studer, Campbell County; Chris Cason, Kevin Stewart, Kyle Furnish, Andy Schulte, Covington Catholic; Ryan Brownfield, Keith Searcy, Dustin Trimnell, Richard Turner, Chris Young, Dayton; Stephen Benson, Joey Bricking, E.J. Dettmer, Derrik Freeman, Mitchell Jett, Alex Koski, Marty Molony, Dixie Heights; Ryan Ball, Clay Cecil, Zach Hurtt, Drew Simons, Luke Stein, Highlands; Duriell Diggs, D.J. Hunter, James Miller, Rashaad Palmer, Holmes; Billy Deters, Billy Herald, Ryne Wilfong, Newport Cody Wes Diehl, Nick Franzen, Dustin Giesler, John Pabst, Matt Ritter, Tommy Wilson, Newport Central Catholic

Head coach: Dave Brossart, Covington Catholic

WEST

Ryan Amelung, Kory Bailey, Tommy Bankemper, Drew Davis, Alex Morehead, Beechwood; Shawn Bogle, Sam Brown, Mercier Doucette, Nick Kaiser, Jon Shanks, Greg Turner, Boone County; Alex Brann, James Champ, Ryan Dillon, Dave Mullins, Andy Pirrucello, Conner; Phillip Moore, Nick Vogelpohl, Jeff West, Robert Walker, Holy Cross; Kevin Flaherty, Jeremy Greer, Bryan Smith, Ross Woodward, Lloyd; Kyle Benke, Cameron Day, Ray Holstein, Jared Kaufman, Josh Morgan, Adam Schmitz, Ryle; Jordan Adkins, Joe Forrester, Robert Hankinson, Curtis Spencer, Kyle Yoest, Scott; Tyler Hopperton, Nate Ponzer, Tyler Rabe, Tyler Skaggs, Cory Tymenski, Ryan Vaughn, Simon Kenton

Head coach: Roy Lucas Jr., Lloyd

I'm curious as to why myself. I thought each school was to be represented?

The East outgained the West by a lot; the East had 3 bad plays defensively; the West defense played well inside the "red" zone.

I don't think he is a "hater" at all. The East looked disorganized.

And it wasn't as much as the West defense played well inside the red zone as the East mismanaged the clock.

Actually, I'm just a football fan that likes good football. I have always respected the Cov Cath program because of their tradition of sound football and great athletes. They have an impressive program year in and year out. Not always agreed with their coaches. That does not make me a hater of Cov Cath. There is a difference.

My point is the lack of effort put forth by the East staff in preparation for the game as well as offensive play calling during the course of the game. No doubt the best team won. My gripe is pick a staff that wants to have fun during the game and in the preparation before the game.

Just one man's opinion...

I'm curious as to why myself. I thought each school was to be represented?

:confused:Rather confused but from what I have heard I shouldn't be too surprised. Hopefully things will be different under the new coach. He is a quality individual.

From some posts in the other thread, there may be some weight to his comment. The West had 9 practices prior to the game. The East only had 3.

As a result, the contest became a battle between Georgetown bound Ryan Ball at rb on the East and Georgetown bound Adam Schmitz, rb on the West. (BTW, both studs had a fantastic game and it was fun to see smash mouth football in June!)

Unlike the East, who ran Ball all night - the West used multiple RB's and had a very balanced offense utilizing both Benke & Bogle at QB. West defense in the red zone was awesome! Coach Lucas did a great job getting the boys in the game and made the practices fun - the boys jelled and I know my son had a great time practicing and enjoyed the experience. He has made some great new friendships.

From some posts in the other thread, there may be some weight to his comment. The West had 9 practices prior to the game. The East only had 3.

I had heard from another player's dad from the east squad(And not form Highlands) say that Brossart said since they were allstars they really didn't need to prepare that much. If this is the case, good luck to CovCath!!!!