Teacher Jobless After Stern Appearance

Pancake

Should this teacher been fired?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should this teacher been fired?

• yes
    • no

SOUTHINGTON, Conn. -- A Southington teacher who appeared on the Howard Stern Show no longer has a job at Thalberg Elementary School.

Second-grade teacher Marie Jarry took part in an Ugliest Guy and Hottest Wife contest on Stern's show. She and her husband won $5,000.

"I can't believe she would go on TV and do that when she is a second-grade teacher," said parent Dean LaPoint. "It just doesn't make sense."

The school replaced Jarry after pictures of her in a bikini appeared on HowardStern.com.

The Jarrys competed against two other couples and during the contest, Marie made sexual comments about her husband.

"They work hard during the school day and what they do on their own time is their business, but because of the nature of the Howard Stern show, the board was concerned," said Liz Francis, parent of a Thalberg Elementary School student.

Eyewitness News reporter Erika Arias talked to one parent who said that Jarry was told to resign.

The Southington School wouldn't say whether Jarry was forced out.

Jarry did not return calls seeking comment.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/16201453/detail.html

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think anyone that appears on Howard Stern's show is immediately disqualified to lead America's youth.

I beg to differ with this statement. Its not for everybody, but the Stern show is a very well produced piece of radio. I was listening this particular day this lady did exactly what other teachers do everytime they go swimming or lay out in the sun. She was fired for wearing a bikini on the radio and a PPV t.v. show.

I think anyone that appears on Howard Stern's show is immediately disqualified to lead America's youth.

Any parent that lets their second grade children LISTEN to Howard Stern should be immediately disqualified from having more children.

Seriously, if she was a good teacher then the school system made the wrong call.

SOUTHINGTON, Conn. -- A Southington teacher who appeared on the Howard Stern Show no longer has a job at Thalberg Elementary School.

Second-grade teacher Marie Jarry took part in an Ugliest Guy and Hottest Wife contest on Stern's show. She and her husband won $5,000.

"I can't believe she would go on TV and do that when she is a second-grade teacher," said parent Dean LaPoint. "It just doesn't make sense."

The school replaced Jarry after pictures of her in a bikini appeared on HowardStern.com.

The Jarrys competed against two other couples and during the contest, Marie made sexual comments about her husband.

"They work hard during the school day and what they do on their own time is their business, but because of the nature of the Howard Stern show, the board was concerned," said Liz Francis, parent of a Thalberg Elementary School student.

Eyewitness News reporter Erika Arias talked to one parent who said that Jarry was told to resign.

The Southington School wouldn't say whether Jarry was forced out.

Jarry did not return calls seeking comment.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/16201453/detail.html

:irked: This is ridiculas!

Does a teacher have to do something illegal to show poor judgment?

A school has the responsibility to have someone in each classroom that not only has the ability to teach but also shows good judgment and can be trusted by the parents.

This is no different than a teacher dancing on a pole or posing in Playboy. Its not illegal but it immediately disqualifies them from teaching children.

Any parent that lets their second grade children LISTEN to Howard Stern should be immediately disqualified from having more children.

What does this have to do with the discussion at hand?

What does this have to do with the discussion at hand?

What does being on a radio show have to do with a teacher's ability to teach?

To answer your question, it shouldn't matter what this woman said on the show because it's not like it has anything to do with her students unless the students are tuning in. In other words, a teacher should be responsible for how she deals with her students. Her being on Howard Stern, albeit in a slightly risque manner, has nothing to do with her job as a 2nd grade school teacher.

Heck, if anything it was a morally acceptable thing because she's an attractive woman with an unattractive husband, showing that looks aren't everything. I think that's a good message for our children to learn.:D

What does being on a radio show have to do with a teacher's ability to teach?

To answer your question, it shouldn't matter what this woman said on the show because it's not like it has anything to do with her students unless the students are tuning in. In other words, a teacher should be responsible for how she deals with her students. Her being on Howard Stern, albeit in a slightly risque manner, has nothing to do with her job as a 2nd grade school teacher.

So you're of the mindset that as long as it wasn't illegal, she should still be a teacher?

What if she was on the town square with an expletive-filled sign against the U.S. or the President?

What if she was known to run a sexually-oriented website?

What if she was at a pro-marijuana rally?

What if she burned the U.S. flag?

Note: I'm all for her rights to do any and all of the above.