Teacher Jobless After Stern Appearance

Pancake

Should this teacher been fired?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should this teacher been fired?

• yes
    • no

This is crazy.

That that last quote is completely uncomparable to the situation at hand.

Has any teacher ever drank a beer at a professional athletic event before? If yes then I guess they should be fired. :rolleyes:

This is ridiculous, because she is a 2nd grade teacher she is not allowed to wear a bikini? I'm sure going to the beach in a bikini, more people would have seen her than the number of people that seen her on his show. :rolleyes:

Because it was the Howard Stern show she lost her job plain and simple.

If she had been on the Jay Leno show, or David Letterman and done some sort of bikini contest then no way she would be fired and all the faculty would be laughing about it.

I'm can't figure out why my posts are hard to comprehend. Every one of those speak to a teacher's ability to make smart decisions in the eyes of her employer AND the parents who send their children through her classroom.

Did anyone say anything other than it was 100% BECAUSE she was on the Howard Stern show? THAT's the darn point. Wearing a bikini is acceptable behavior to 90% of America. Going onto a radio show where the common question to most guests is "what's your favorite position" and "do you like it when...." is EXACTLY why she was and SHOULD HAVE BEEN fired.

Now why is that so hard to comprehend?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because it was the Howard Stern show she lost her job plain and simple.

If she had been on the Jay Leno show, or David Letterman and done some sort of bikini contest then no way she would be fired and all the faculty would be laughing about it.

You hit the nail on the head right there...:thumb:

I'm can't figure out why my posts are hard to comprehend. Every one of those speak to a teacher's ability to make smart decisions in the eyes of her employer AND the parents who send their children through her classroom.

Did anyone say anything other than it was 100% BECAUSE she was on the Howard Stern show? THAT's the darn point. Wearing a bikini is acceptable behavior to 90% of America. Going onto a radio show where the common question to most guests is "what's your favorite position" and "do you like it when...." is EXACTLY why she was and SHOULD HAVE BEEN fired.

Never said it was.:sleep:

Howard Stern show is an adult program that is on late at night and a PPV show at that. If kids were watching it then the teacher is the furthest to be worried about.

It's the parents, or whoever blabbed it out, fault really. All of this could have been handled in a quiet manner without all of the media attention, but it wasn't. It's not like the teacher went bragging about it to her teacher friends or students.

Never said it was.:sleep:

Howard Stern show is an adult program that is on late at night and a PPV show at that. If kids were watching it then the teacher is the furthest to be worried about.

It's the parents, or whoever blabbed it out, fault really. All of this could have been handled in a quiet manner without all of the media attention, but it wasn't. It's not like the teacher went bragging about it to her teacher friends or students.

Your second sentence would seem to indicate that your first sentence is incorrect.

It doesn't matter HOW a student would find out. They WILL find out. So the issue, one more time, is what do you do as a school system? You can her because of poor judgement and losing the trust of many (no, not all) of her peers and her "clients."

Your second sentence would seem to indicate that your first sentence is incorrect.

It doesn't matter HOW a student would find out. They WILL find out. So the issue, one more time, is what do you do as a school system? You can her because of poor judgement and losing the trust of many (no, not all) of her peers and her "clients."

You don't have too, they chose too. There was no absolute reason to fire her. She didn't pose nude for any magazine, didn't make any adult movies, or anything like that. She was on the Howard Stern show, which I'm sure wasn't the first time they'd had a profession (nurse, teacher, supervisor of some company) on the show. It was handled in a poor manner. Why is it ok to just "suspend" teachers with/without pay when having affairs with kids, or abuse or anything in that nature, but when the teacher does nothing to hurt anyone, she gets automatically fired?

I think in all fairness, there should be a degree of severity in cases like this one and the survivor one.

I mean if the teacher was a great teacher and the kids really liked her and responded to her then they shouldn't have fired her. Have a closed door meeting, and maybe suspend her summer pay, or suspend her period. No reason to just fire someone over this incident.

Just because she was on a show that many would consider poor taste, does not give the school a good reason to fire her.(IMO) She did nothing wrong!

Other things could also fall in moral clause for teachers, having intercourse out of wedlock, having an affair, going to an adult store with or without their spouse and many more. All these things could be considered immoral under one person or another.

I know more male and female teachers who attend strip clubs, go out to downtown lexington on Saturday nights and get pretty wild. Shoot I attended a Christmas party put on by a principal of my school once and lets say their was not much morals to be found there. All of these things I think are worse than this young lady has did.Yes, she went on a show that is controversial, but she did not disrobe or commit any lewd acts. I can not find a reason for her to be fired...

Very well said and so very true

I'm with ya Clyde

You saw the way the country reacted to Pres. Clinton when he actually did have relations with that woman. That was his personal business but really it isn't when you hold that job, or a teaching job, or your a doctor or anyone. Your personal life effects more than just your private sector and when people realize that , maybe they will begin to behave.

Are you serious? This was a married man, leading the COUNTRY who LIED about his actions! Don't think you can compare these two as far as the respect for the leadership position.

The thing is, I am sure that she knew that this show and man are not respectable. Lets face it, this is not a show that you would let your children watch or listen to. Her, being in the career field that she is in, which is a respectable field, should not have gone on this show. Going to a swimming pool with what she was wearing is fine, however, being on that show, with its reputation is not fine. It has nothing to do with what she was wearing, or, the fact she was on tv....it is just the show that she decided to be on.

With teachers being an influence on children, this was not appropriate. No, I am sure the children were not watching. However, if she is going to do something like this and not make a good judgement about it makes one wonder if she is an appropriate person to be an influence that you would want for the children. Parents teach morals and values, however, teacher must enforce them as well.

The thing is, I am sure that she knew that this show and man are not respectable. Lets face it, this is not a show that you would let your children watch or listen to. Her, being in the career field that she is in, which is a respectable field, should not have gone on this show. Going to a swimming pool with what she was wearing is fine, however, being on that show, with its reputation is not fine. It has nothing to do with what she was wearing, or, the fact she was on tv....it is just the show that she decided to be on.

With teachers being an influence on children, this was not appropriate. No, I am sure the children were not watching. However, if she is going to do something like this and not make a good judgement about it makes one wonder if she is an appropriate person to be an influence that you would want for the children. Parents teach morals and values, however, teacher must enforce them as well.

I agree that Howard Stern is not a show that has moral value, but I don't see how it is worse than teachers going to bars downtown and getting wild. I think this could have been handled different, just don't think she deserved to be fired...

You have no idea what your kids' teachers do...and it's none of your business as long as they do their job and do it well.

I like her bikini.

I was not so lucky in second grade. Ms. Hembree was about 84, wore lipstick but usually missed her lips, and was embalmed in that old woman perfume. Plus, if I recall she was about 8 years into Alzheimer's by the time I was in her class. Guess about 7% of you guys think Ms. Hembree was a better option than someone like this hottie.... NOT!

Edited by the mathemagician