Brandon Housely To Holmes

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see if the KHSAA has any concerns. If , as someone posted previously, he's always lived in Covington, it would seem to say he hasn't complied with the residency change requirement.

It will be interesting to see if the KHSAA has any concerns. If , as someone posted previously, he's always lived in Covington, it would seem to say he hasn't complied with the residency change requirement.

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be eligible. As someone stated earlier he may have lived in Newport with a relative and now lives in Covington.

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be eligible. As someone stated earlier he may have lived in Newport with a relative and now lives in Covington.

So you think it is okay for a kid to move across town to play ball, but not a couple hours away to play ball.:lol:

It cracks me up how its different when the shoe is on the other foot. Holmes should be great this year.

So you think it is okay for a kid to move across town to play ball, but not a couple hours away to play ball.:lol:

It cracks me up how its different when the shoe is on the other foot. Holmes should be great this year.

I don't know the specifics of the transfer so I can't comment on his reasoning but I do know the kid has had several relatives who attended Holmes and still do and who live in the Covington area. It's different when a kid's family moves 5 minutes away and 2 hours away...

This isn't a rare occurrence. There have been many times where a Newport kid leaves there for Holmes or vice versa. This kid just happens to be a basketball player who also runs track and plays football.

Newport and Covington are so close together a move within less than a mile and you have to switch schools.

I don't know the specifics of the transfer so I can't comment on his reasoning but I do know the kid has had several relatives who attended Holmes and still do and who live in the Covington area. It's different when a kid's family moves 5 minutes away and 2 hours away...

This isn't a rare occurrence. There have been many times where a Newport kid leaves there for Holmes or vice versa. This kid just happens to be a basketball player who also runs track and plays football.

Newport and Covington are so close together a move within less than a mile and you have to switch schools.

Did you know the specifics of the Scott Co. transfers that you were saying should be ruled ineligible?

Did you know the specifics of the Scott Co. transfers that you were saying should be ruled ineligible?

I know where you're going w/ this and you're probably right, but it's a different situation for most kids that transfer to Holmes compared to the ones that transfer to Scott County. W/ Holmes' success they very well may be getting more transfers, but some times these kids are lucky to have a couch and a place to live w/ their parents. Some of them can't stay w/ their parents for a while for different reasons. I wish the KHSAA would just let you play wherever you want and end this whole he's ok, he's not game they play.

That's for a different thread.

Also it's a little different when the kids coming in were originally at Holmes. (Johnson brothers)

And it's not like the kid is moving from two hours away. He's currently living in Covington and as long as the KHSAA deems him eligible there's nothing that should be said about it, as I finally said about Jackson/Euton after debating their motives for the move for 2 weeks.

That's for a different thread.

Also it's a little different when the kids coming in were originally at Holmes. (Johnson brothers)

And it's not like the kid is moving from two hours away. He's currently living in Covington and as long as the KHSAA deems him eligible there's nothing that should be said about it, as I finally said about Jackson/Euton after debating their motives for the move for 2 weeks.

Here is the deal though. We don't know why Housely is transferring, but it looks like it could possibly be for basketball. And with Jackson we don't know why he came to Scott Co. but it cold be for basketball as well It doesn't matter if they move 5 minutes away or 2 hours away. Its still a contradiction to say one kid should be allowed to play and another is not when we don't know about either situation.

I'm not sure that meets the criteria.

The KHSAA, for example, has said that a player living with one divorced parent who then moves in with the other divorced parent in a different school district is NOT eligible immediately.

Here is the deal though. We don't know why Housely is transferring, but it looks like it could possibly be for basketball. And with Jackson we don't know why he came to Scott Co. but it cold be for basketball as well It doesn't matter if they move 5 minutes away or 2 hours away. Its still a contradiction to say one kid should be allowed to play and another is not when we don't know about either situation.

Euton's dad said he was moving for basketball purposes and it was in the paper...believe it was the LHL.

Jackson was quoted as saying as much as well.