Brandon Housely To Holmes

Euton's dad said he was moving for basketball purposes and it was in the paper...believe it was the LHL.

Jackson was quoted as saying as much as well.

That was not the only reason he moved though. Also, as for Jackson he is from central ky and his mom has worked at Toyota before. Doesn't sound too much different than the Johnson boy's mom moving back to Holmes.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was not the only reason he moved though. Also, as for Jackson he is from central ky and his mom has worked at Toyota before. Doesn't sound too much different than the Johnson boy's mom moving back to Holmes.

They grew up in Covington and only left for one year. They came back out of necessity not for athletics.

So you think it is okay for a kid to move across town to play ball, but not a couple hours away to play ball.:lol:

It cracks me up how its different when the shoe is on the other foot. Holmes should be great this year.

Im with you LMB, it sounds less fishy that a family move two hours away than five minutes.;) Once again there is not a school in the state that would turn away Euton and Jackson if they landed on their doorstep. Yet I believe that Eta stated that they should have to sit out a year, wonder if he believes that now that his team is reloading with transfers. Every child or parent should be able to choose a school that best suits their needs. However a school should not recruit a student.

Another case of rich getting richer. I don't think you can kid your self and say that if Holmes was not on this roll and fairly loaded with talent that Housley would not have transferred. He is transferring to have a shot at playing on a legitimate regional/state contender.

Whether it is 5 minutes or a 2 hour move basketball is the reason for these move. Personally, I don't have a problem with that. Do what is best for your kid. Just don't be too sanctimonious when the move benefits your school.

Im with you LMB, it sounds less fishy that a family move two hours away than five minutes.;) Once again there is not a school in the state that would turn away Euton and Jackson if they landed on their doorstep. Yet I believe that Eta stated that they should have to sit out a year, wonder if he believes that now that his team is reloading with transfers. Every child or parent should be able to choose a school that best suits their needs. However a school should not recruit a student.

When a family is divorced, in most cases the families still live pretty close. It's not uncommon for a kid to go back and fourth for whatever reason. Now I would be interested in hearing your logic that I bolded.

When a family is divorced, in most cases the families still live pretty close. It's not uncommon for a kid to go back and fourth for whatever reason. Now I would be interested in hearing your logic that I bolded.

Its alot easier to move two miles down the road than for a family to uproot their family and move two hours away. You say that it is not uncommon for a kid to go back and fourth for whatever reason. Could that reason be for athletic reasons?

Its alot easier to move two miles down the road than for a family to uproot their family and move two hours away. You say that it is not uncommon for a kid to go back and fourth for whatever reason. Could that reason be for athletic reasons?[/QUOTE]

In this case, I think not. There is a little more to it, but I'm not going to share that info here. I really don't have to much of an issue with the other transfers in the State. Thats for others to discuss, but this is NOT a BB only move. Please leave at that.

In this case, I think not. There is a little more to it, but I'm not going to share that info here. I really don't have to much of an issue with the other transfers in the State. Thats for others to discuss, but this is NOT a BB only move. Please leave at that.[/quote

The problem I have is with people that were bashing my school for getting transfers, yet when the school he follows gets a few its completely different tune.

Actually I stated never that they should have to sit out a year but rather it was clear that the move was basketball related and not for personal/family matters. (Jackson). I then went on to say I felt it was wrong but if the KHSAA ruled them eligible, while I wouldn't like it, I would say nothing more and leave it at that because if they ruled them eligible there was more to the story than I knew.

In this case, I think not. There is a little more to it, but I'm not going to share that info here. I really don't have to much of an issue with the other transfers in the State. Thats for others to discuss, but this is NOT a BB only move. Please leave at that.[/quote

The problem I have is with people that were bashing my school for getting transfers, yet when the school he follows gets a few its completely different tune.

I don't believe anyone "bashed" your school but rather said it was clear that it was a basketball move. Also the transfers Holmes are getting aren't high profile players moving great distances. These are kids who have roots at Holmes and in Covington and decide to come back because of personal issues that you could never even dream of having to go through.

Another case of rich getting richer. I don't think you can kid your self and say that if Holmes was not on this roll and fairly loaded with talent that Housley would not have transferred. He is transferring to have a shot at playing on a legitimate regional/state contender.

Whether it is 5 minutes or a 2 hour move basketball is the reason for these move. Personally, I don't have a problem with that. Do what is best for your kid. Just don't be too sanctimonious when the move benefits your school.

Think about the first paragraph. Do you honestly think if Scott Co wasn't loaded with the talent they have and didn't play summer AAU with Guyn they would have transferred there?

And it's kinda hard to say something about a school getting transfers (Holmes), when you know the inside story as to why they transferred.

(Johnson brothers- mother taught in Covington system, left for Taft, job was cut, another opened back up in Covington so she took her boys back in their ORIGINAL schooling system)

As for Housley, you may want to ask baseballguy in a PM and you'll realize this wasn't a BB move only.

Housley will give Holmes a tall, long defender who can shut people down. He has a good midrange game and can jump out of the gym. I think that this gives Holmes the defensive stopper they needed, he is no Arrez Henderson, but he is still good.

• 2 weeks later...
Time to stir the pot....

With the ruling on Euton and Jackson at Scott Cty published, what are your thoughts on Housely being eligible this year at Holmes?

Housely will be eligible to play for Holmes.