2008 Bracken County

Bracken got a break by being put in the same district as Gallatin, Owen and the others in that district instead staying in the district with Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton and Ludlow so hopefully this will benefit them in the won/loss category because they will certainly be using alot of gas to get to all of the schools in their new district.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bracken got a break by being put in the same district as Gallatin, Owen and the others in that district instead staying in the district with Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton and Ludlow so hopefully this will benefit them in the won/loss category because they will certainly be using alot of gas to get to all of the schools in their new district.

And because of the gas reason and others, would be shocked if BC has football in a couple of seasons. Have already heard several of their athletes have quit the middle school team(someone confirm, if they know). A lot of interest in the lower grades, but too long of a wait for the program. If your an athlete and you think the program won't be around in a few years, why risk getting hurt in middle school. Gas could shut down a lot of small school programs over the coming years.

The number of kids involved in the middle school program have grown, there are roughly 80 kids involved in middle school football. Bracken Co. has a great football boosters committee which keeps the community involved. Even though the high school team has suffered the middle school program has made great strides and this will eventually help the high school team.

With the exception of the Almighty Tigers of Beechwood...What other teams is this district would dominate Frankfort...Trimble...Gallatin...and Eminence...:confused:

With the exception of the Almighty Tigers of Beechwood...What other teams is this district would dominate Frankfort...Trimble...Gallatin...and Eminence...:confused:

:laugh:

I will admit that at least Frankfort is always competitive but Bellevue, Dayton and Ludlow would and has always been able to handle the likes of Trimble and Eminence 9 out of 10 times and since Gallatins program is still very new I wouldn't think that they would be competitive in their district either at least for a few more years. 3 of the 4 teams you mention are routinely near the bottom of the state rankings most years.:ylsuper:

:laugh:

I will admit that at least Frankfort is always competitive but Bellevue, Dayton and Ludlow would and has always been able to handle the likes of Trimble and Eminence 9 out of 10 times and since Gallatins program is still very new I wouldn't think that they would be competitive in their district either at least for a few more years. 3 of the 4 teams you mention are routinely near the bottom of the state rankings most years.:ylsuper:

If I am not mistaken... Didnt Gallatin play their second varsity season (First year of playoff eligibilty.) and Host a playoff game? That from what I understand is quite unheard of. I agree that frankfort will be the team to beat most years in this district but to say " 3 of the 4 " is an exaggeration.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

If i am not mistaken... Didnt Gallatin play their second varsity season (First year of playoff eligibilty.) and Host a playoff game? That from what i understand is quite unheard of. I agree that frankfort will be the team to beat most years in this district but to say " 3 of the 4 " is an exaggeration.

Just curious but how many teams are in that district? I stand by my original comments that with the exception of Frankfort it is a very weak district and some very weak teams will qualify for the playoffs since in many districts you might only have to win 1 game to qualify..

Just curious but how many teams are in that district? I stand by my original comments that with the exception of Frankfort it is a very weak district and some very weak teams will qualify for the playoffs since in many districts you might only have to win 1 game to qualify..

There are five teams. I don't believe that there are any districts larger than five teams in the state at the moment. The teams are Bracken Co, Eminence, Frankfort, Gallatin Co and Trimble Co.

There are five teams. I don't believe that there are any districts larger than five teams in the state at the moment. The teams are Bracken Co, Eminence, Frankfort, Gallatin Co and Trimble Co.

There are two.

District-3-5- Casey County, Garrard County, Jackson County, Somerset, Taylor County, Wayne County

District-6-1- Apollo, Daviess County, Graves County, Henderson County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Marshall County

The 1A district in NKY has historically been one of the toughest districts in the state. However other districts throughout the state have definitely gotten much better, and IMO small school football throughout the state is as good as it gets.

And because of the gas reason and others, would be shocked if BC has football in a couple of seasons. Have already heard several of their athletes have quit the middle school team(someone confirm, if they know). A lot of interest in the lower grades, but too long of a wait for the program. If your an athlete and you think the program won't be around in a few years, why risk getting hurt in middle school. Gas could shut down a lot of small school programs over the coming years.

Well if anyone can hold the middle school program together its the Bracken Middle School coaches. These guys have taken a program that was almost done and really turned it around. The kids they are moving into the high school should turn Bracken around.

The program has been heading in the right direction and there is a huge fan base for the Polar Bears and in football, but to keep the younger kids interested and showing up, the program needs to start winning soon.

Learning curve is over.

Its time to start pulling it all together.:thumb:

Thank you. must agree with HJ with regards to this district. Very weak with 4 of the 5 teams being mediocre at best in a good year. Besides Frankfort they would all get pounded by the 1A District in NKY as Walton will soon find out.