Possible McCain VP's

I think Mitt Romney would be an excellent Conservative choice. McCains is going to need someone that is tough a fiscal conservative.

He will need to be able to knock down the accusations of McCain being a repeat of the Bush Spending.

As far as the Evangs., if they won't vote, (if Romney is VP choice) because he is a member of a non-protestant religion, then that is as bad as saying you won't vote for Obama because he is black. (it is all bigotry).

So what are they going to do, vote for a liberal that is for abortion???:confused:

Republicans and Consers. want to badly vote for McCain, but he will need a strong VP to win them totally over and to feel good about their vote.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mitt Romney would be an excellent Conservative choice. McCains is going to need someone that is tough a fiscal conservative.

He will need to be able to knock down the accusations of McCain being a repeat of the Bush Spending.

As far as the Evangs., if they won't vote, (if Romney is VP choice) because he is a member of a non-protestant religion, then that is as bad as saying you won't vote for Obama because he is black. (it is all bigotry).

So what are they going to do, vote for a liberal that is for abortion???:confused:

Republicans and Consers. want to badly vote for McCain, but he will need a strong VP to win them totally over and to feel good about their vote.

Romney is a proven fundraiser, which is definitely a point in his favor. McCain is having trouble convincing Bush's big contributors that he deserves their financial support.

Romney is a proven fundraiser, which is definitely a point in his favor. McCain is having trouble convincing Bush's big contributors that he deserves their financial support.

Especially since he is "trying" to distance himself from The Bush Administration.

But we all know that is political and they know that too. They play this game every election year. However Bush has already said McCain would be a good president. Wether he really thinks that or not, he has said it "for the party"... Just like Romney could've squashed McCain with facts, but didn't want to "hurt" the party since McCain was going to clearly be the nominee. McCain definetely has to have a "strong" running mate, to pick up where he drops off, "Economy".

I have no doubts he will be tough on Terrorism, now he has to get tough with The Borders and distance himself from people like Ted Kennedy ... and no more junk like McCain-Feingold.

But a good president will surrond himself with some of the smartest people around to be in his administration.

Time will tell.

I wonder if he would entertain the possibly of Liebermann? I don't necessarily think he should.

If Kerry could pursue McCain, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. He has to be able to do something to excite the conservatives though, and this certainly isn't it.

McCain may pull some strings of old friendships and get Hillary to run with him... haha

She did say he's ready to be president and Obama is not, didn't she? He's up there in years, she might see that as her way into the White House. :p

She did say he's ready to be president and Obama is not, didn't she? He's up there in years, she might see that as her way into the White House. :p

If Hillary wasn't running or had chose not to run from the start, it wouldn't have surprised me to see Bill Clinton endorse McCain over Obama at this stage....;)

I don't recall the period length, but the last fundraising report article I read (this week) had McCain and the RNC outraising Obama and the DNC for the period. It might not be as bad as you think.

I think McCain needs a Westerner. Republicans have got to start regaining some votes out West, where more and more people are moving.

If I am thinking right...

I believe Romney did very well out west with the Conservatives, and McCain with the Independents...

One of the things I liked about Romney when he was running was, he did change his view to a more conservative view about things like Gay Marriage and Abortion, but he also believes that you don't discriminate against these people. That to me is the proper mind-thought. He also believes it should be up to the states not the Federal Govt. to decide...:thumb:

Uh, if they were smart.

That would be cool.

who would be a choice?

Off the top of my head Liebermann or Richardson. I'm sure there are others that might be a better fit, meaning they bring in lots of votes but aren't a threat to take the White House down the road.

Off the top of my head Liebermann or Richardson. I'm sure there are others that might be a better fit, meaning they bring in lots of votes but aren't a threat to take the White House down the road.

Liberman is conservative? I thought he was moderate at best and wasn't the Republican party painting him as a liberal in 2000?

I like Richardson on a lot of fronts.