Possible McCain VP's

Said in something I read today that McCain was hosting 3 potential VP's at his ranch/home this weekend.

Mitt Romney

Charlie Crist, governor Florida

And governor of Louisiana, I forget his name.

Romney would strengthen McCain's weakness in the economy but may further alienate the evangelicals.

Crist is a key state.

Not sure on why the Louisiana guy is in there.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said in something I read today that McCain was hosting 3 potential VP's at his ranch/home this weekend.

Mitt Romney

Charlie Crist, governor Florida

And governor of Louisiana, I forget his name.

Romney would strengthen McCain's weakness in the economy but may further alienate the evangelicals.

Crist is a key state.

Not sure on why the Louisiana guy is in there.

Piyush "Bobby" Jindal

Jindal has stated that he is "100 percent against abortion, no exceptions."

Jindal opposes using taxpayer money to fund embryonic stem cell research.

He supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.

Thanks. Know anything about him and why he would be considered?

He is a really young guy and of Indian decent... I believe only 37 years old. Although I have not researched a lot into him, both times I heard him speak, he was really engaging.

Thanks. Know anything about him and why he would be considered?

Diversity

Conservative credentials(Conservatives really like him)

Youth

Counters Dems gender/minority"firsts"

Leadership in post-Katrina

Been referred to by some as the next Ronald Reagan and the future of the GOP

How about C. Rice? She would definitely counter Obama if he gets the nomination.

I'm guessing McCain will not want any of the old guard on his new staff. Condy might be a fine choice, but not this close to the Bush administration.

Is he a minority?

Don't quote me on this , LBBC, but I seem to remember reading that he is Indian.(Indian-American not American Indian).

If we restrict the general populace to just those people that own /run convenience stores, Dunkin' Donuts, or motels, I'd say he is not a minority;otherwise, I guess he'd be considered a minority.

How about C. Rice? She would definitely counter Obama if he gets the nomination.

In the eyes of most of your "Urban Obama Vote Centers"... C. Rice would NOT counter Obama because of the the little "R." that appears in front of her name.:sssh:

I don't think it will happen. I just got back from a conference at which some senior DC political insiders gave us a confidential briefing on a lot of matters (we heard from both Ds and Rs). As they asked us to keep their comments confidential I won't get into detail, but I think I can safely state that its highly unlikely that McCain will choose any one that is or was in the Bush administration (sorry Mr. Portman and Condi) and it is highly unlikely that Obama will choose Hillary. Who knows, these guys might have been nothing but hot air, but they sure sounded like they knew what they were talking about.