St. Henry Head Coach Resigned today...

St. Henry coach held team meeting today to inform players that she has resigned the coaching position at St. Henry and will be the new Head Coach at Cooper High School next fall. Good luck to coach Turner and Cooper High School.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck to Coach Turner at Cooper. She will have her work cut out for her there, in that she will be starting from scratch. For the incoming Senior class at St. Henry it's a tough day. They will be playing for their 3rd varsity head coach in 4 years. That's no way to build a program.

It will be interesting to see what St. Henry's search yields this time. After Jeff Hans left in '06, there apparently was not much interest in the position. Hopefully for the girls' sake, there will be some strong candidates to choose from this time.

For the incoming Senior class at St. Henry it's a tough day. They will be playing for their 3rd varsity head coach in 4 years. That's no way to build a program.

It will be interesting to see what St. Henry's search yields this time. After Jeff Hans left in '06, there apparently was not much interest in the position. Hopefully for the girls' sake, there will be some strong candidates to choose from this time.

Seems to be a trend -- Holy Cross' seniors will also be playing for their 3rd varsity head coach (and completely different JV/Assistants) in 4 years, although the team feels very fortunate to have snagged Coach Hans -- should be an interesting year around the 9th region

If she is also going to Cooper to teach I would have to believe she will get a significant pay increase over what she could ever make at St Henry. Based upon the talent that St Henry has coming back for the next couple years this would be a good job for someone to get.

As for Cooper this another questionable hire if you were to base it on wins and loses. I don't believe that Coach Turner had a winning record at St Henry nor did the football coach that they recently hired.

If she is also going to Cooper to teach I would have to believe she will get a significant pay increase over what she could ever make at St Henry. Based upon the talent that St Henry has coming back for the next couple years this would be a good job for someone to get.

As for Cooper this another questionable hire if you were to base it on wins and loses. I don't believe that Coach Turner had a winning record at St Henry nor did the football coach that they recently hired.

She is going to be teaching at Cooper. I've been told she will be teaching in the Special Education field, and she would not have been afforded that opportunity at St. Henry. She only taught part-time at St. Henry. I'm not sure if that is the plan for Cooper. Her St. Henry teams had a combined record of 18 wins and 34 losses in her two years.

She is going to be teaching at Cooper. I've been told she will be teaching in the Special Education field, and she would not have been afforded that opportunity at St. Henry. She only taught part-time at St. Henry. I'm not sure if that is the plan for Cooper. Her St. Henry teams had a combined record of 18 wins and 34 losses in her two years.

Good to hear. Coach Turner is a quality individual..

For the incoming Senior class at St. Henry it's a tough day. They will be playing for their 3rd varsity head coach in 4 years. That's no way to build a program.

Seems to be a trend -- Holy Cross' seniors will also be playing for their 3rd varsity head coach (and completely different JV/Assistants) in 4 years, although the team feels very fortunate to have snagged Coach Hans -- should be an interesting year around the 9th region

HC will actually be playing for their 3rd coach in three years, but overall that program has enjoyed a lot more stability and success over the recent years than what St. Henry can claim. I believe St. Henry can only claim one winning season this decade. I agree that it should be a very interesting season in '08 / '09.