St. Henry Head Coach Resigned today...

great news for SHDHS, now she can go screw up Cooper too. Poor coach, does not know the game and sets a poor example and many young players were not going to play for her. Plus her Dad leaves with her. A great opportunity for staff to take over! A nightmare at St Henry is over!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great news for SHDHS, now she can go screw up Cooper too. Poor coach, does not know the game and sets a poor example and many young players were not going to play for her. Plus her Dad leaves with her. A great opportunity for staff to take over! A nightmare at St Henry is over!!!

And this would be who??? Is Coach Faust available to do both??:thumb:

Are you referring to someone on the current staff or just suggesting it's a great opportunity for any new staff?

Brady, Young, Bright and liked by the kids or Fields a hoops veteran are a vast improvement over the "never on time" Turner. The program will benefit from stability and momentum of very successful Freshman and JV teams coming up. Turner had poor repore with parents, players and staff. She was even known to argue with her Dad on the bench!!!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Brady, Young, Bright and liked by the kids or Fields a hoops veteran are a vast improvement over the "never on time" Turner. The program will benefit from stability and momentum of very successful Freshman and JV teams coming up. Turner had poor repore with parents, players and staff. She was even known to argue with her Dad on the bench!!!

No way on Fields IMO.

Hamilton Joe. Are you not the same person that called Turner quality? 18 wins in 2 seasons with plenty of talent, and kids not wanting to play for her. Plus bailing on her alma mater...that is class! Best to analyze another program HJ

:mad:You might want to go back and check my post. I believe I said she was a quality individual as is her father. I did not comment on their abilities to coach. As with all coaches that is open for debate. As for her talent I will give you that her 1st year probably underachieved quite a bit but her team this past season was still pretty young in my opinion and should get better the next couple of years. If Fields gets the job I wouldn't expect much different that what you have gotten the last 2 years.

As for bailing on her alma mater, lets face it the public schools pay better and have a much better teacher retirement and if I'm not mistaken she does have a family.

If you also go back and review the Cooper thread when the coach was announced I did make a comment that the administration has made a couple of very questionable calls when it comes to Head Coaches for a couple of their sports especially since this is who they a counting on to get their athletic programs off the ground. It should all be very interesting.

Bottom line, St. Henry now has a chance to get better with talent to build on. When you have solid seniors as they did this year (and the year before), and a player like Brooks to set your offense around, and plenty of seasoned young talent from the year before, there are no excuses. Turner does not know how to best utilize the talent she has had while at SHDHS. Time will tell at Cooper, but don't hold your breath.

Bottom line, St. Henry now has a chance to get better with talent to build on. When you have solid seniors as they did this year (and the year before), and a player like Brooks to set your offense around, and plenty of seasoned young talent from the year before, there are no excuses. Turner does not know how to best utilize the talent she has had while at SHDHS. Time will tell at Cooper, but don't hold your breath.

Whoever ends up being the new hire will be at a big disadvantage right from the start. I hear there are no plans to do any team camps this summer. By the time the new coach is hired it will probably be right around the beginning of the dead period. After the dead period ends, the Fall sports will begin practicing. The new coach will get very little, if any, evaluation time with the players before October 15th. I believe almost all of their girls play a Fall sport. They will not have spent much time with a basketball this summer. This will make for even more difficult transition period come October.

Must of missed this talent but what yr is she?

Must of missed this talent but what yr is she?

:thumb:It is getting scary. I agree with you on this one as well. I saw St Henry a handful of times this past year and I saw some youngers players with some potential but nothing to make me say this would be a regional contender if only they had a different coach.

Good luck to St. Henry this coming year..