St. Henry Head Coach Resigned today...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she's expressed any interest in the St. Henry job, they better get her. She would be a great get for their program.

Not if you ask the NCC fans!

My question exactly.

NCC fans have been trying to push Coach McDonald out for the last 4/5 yrs. Maybe she finally had enough and wants to watch her own kids participate in the numerous sports they play.

I heard the position was filled today - anyone know who filled it?

Don't know if the rules for the private schools are the same w/public in regards to posting positions but it is hard to believe this position is already filled. Most jobs must be posted for at least 30 days.

Brian Coburn, the JV coach at Holy Cross was hired today.

WOW!!! Sure thought they would have gotten someone with some experience. I don't believe he has any experience other than middle school at IHM and AAU. Good luck to the girls.

WOW!!! Sure thought they would have gotten someone with some experience. I don't believe he has any experience other than middle school at IHM and AAU. Good luck to the girls.

A very limited amount of applicants from what I've heard. Having said that, I believe the administration got this one right. It looks to me like they finally did what was in the best interest of the girls. Hiring from the middle school ranks is certainly not unprecedented this year. This is most certainly a huge upgrade from the previous coach. These girls will be much better prepared to do battle this year.

I've seen Coburn coach many times and my main concern is that he is in way over his head. This will be "on the job training" for him due to his lack of experience. IMO, everyone will need to be patient (girls, parents, administration, etc.) with him while he learns how to be a varsity coach and what it takes to coach at this level. Hopefully, he will get them in the gym after the "dead period" and get them some scrimmage games. This program will be interesting to watch over the next couple of years. Hopefully, they will be moving in the right direction.