Debunk Evolution Thread

I believe Evolution and Creationism can co-exist, but those who do not believe in God will never accept Creationism. And since Creationism can not be proved by science, it should not be taught as a science in any form of school IMO.

And since God and His Creation cannot be disproven by science and many of us believe there is evidence of Him, I will have to (respectfully) agree to disagree. I have made the best case to you that I am capable of at this point.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith might be evidence to YOU. But unfortunately not everyone in this world shares your beliefs. Facts, and science are the evidence supporting evolution, not faith.

10% of the picture according to whom? Scientists who have studied evolution have pretty solid evidence to back it up, otherwise it would have never been taught in the first place.

Heavens to betsy.

I just had a "scientist" (forensic) on the stand today. The issue was whether there was a prohibitive level of THC in the state's DUI-drug testing. She said "no," but the level at which cannabis metabolites were detected indicated use within the past 24-36 hours. I asked her if a person was "under the influence" of a joint for 24 hours. She said "no." I asked her what good the tests were then, and whether the testing protocol had been subjected to peer review. She said "no," "but they'd been published in a magazine." I asked her what magazine, and she said "some psychology journal." I asked her how then, did she know that the protocol was accurate and useful? Her response?

"Its been published! It has to be true!"

The case was dismissed before the next question.

This, boys and girls, is the forensic protocol for the great Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Here's some irony, my son is watching CSI on SPIKE and what is the commercial that pops up? It's a commercial where there's all of these very attractive ladies at a bar with a bunch of pigs and one of them(pig) goes over to a condom vending machine and turns into this mid 20's guy who now goes over to the girl at the bar and they get cozy,,,,the commercial cuts to the punchline and what does it say?????

Evolve.

How could I make that up?

Evolutionists tell us we cannot see evolution taking place because it happens too slowly. A human generation takes about 20 years from birth to parenthood. They say it took tens of thousands of generations to form man from a common ancestor with the ape, from populations of only hundreds or thousands. We do not have these problems with bacteria. A generation of bacteria grows in a matter of hours. There are more bacteria in the world than there are grains of sand on all of the beaches of the world (and many grains of sand are covered with bacteria). They exist in just about any environment: heat, cold, dry, wet, high pressure, low pressure, small groups, large colonies, isolated, much food, little food, much oxygen, no oxygen, in toxic chemicals, etc. There is much variation in bacteria. There are many mutations (in fact, evolutionists say that smaller organisms have a faster mutation rate than larger ones4). But they never turn into anything new. They always remain bacteria. Fruit flies are much more complex than already complex single-cell bacteria. Scientists like to study them because a generation (from egg to adult) takes only 9 days. In the lab, fruit flies are studied under every conceivable condition. There is much variation in fruit flies. There are many mutations. But they never turn into anything new. They always remain fruit flies. Many years of study of countless generations of bacteria and fruit flies all over the world shows that evolution is not happening today. Debunking Evolution Link

Darwin's book was not called Evolution of Species but it was called "Origin of Species". Many argue back and forth about evolution but that really misses the mark. Darwin's theory is that one unique species comes directly from another, like a pig from a porcupine or a chicken from a dinosaur. As stated before by some on here "Evolution from ape to man or whatever can be proved scientifically", yet no proof has been provided. Do species change? Yes some do. But a change within a species does not create a new species just variations of the original.

I agree with the earlier post by Hearsay that God created all and then there were changes and mutations over the years.

Well HB, and please take no offense to this because I truly mean none, but when you are as staunch as you seem to be that there are "facts" to back up the evolution theorum, yet you have no clue what they are and are not even inclined to search them out if they did exist makes your point hogwash IMO. You see, from my point of view, most folks I've cared to debate this with seem to have your view, but lack of evidence to support the claim. They're sure that there is some factual evidence, yet cannot find it. Again, if you dig and find what mankind came from then you may have a viable stance in my view. The hole that the evolutionists can't seem to fill for me is the one at the very beginning. We came from somewhere, didn't we? I don't think that Big Bang thing is your answer, is it?

Just because I do not have all the answers, it makes my point hogwash? I doubt that. I do not have the time to be researching anything throughly right now, as I am visiting the parents and I am on vacation. I have no problem with posting and discussing things, but I am not going to do research on vacation :lol:.

Also, that doesn't mean the facts that I talk about do not exist. They're there for anyone to find, including you.

And since God and His Creation cannot be disproven by science and many of us believe there is evidence of Him, I will have to (respectfully) agree to disagree. I have made the best case to you that I am capable of at this point.

I have said all along that a creator can neither be confirmed nor denied, not by science at least.

We can co exist, but if you are not a believer of Jesus Christ and worship God you might want to listen or read or whatever this verse says. But first I asked way back around post # in the teens about what if I'm right and a non believer is wrong? And it was ignored.

Matthew 7:13 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. BUT SMALL IS THE GATE AND NARROW THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO LIFE, AND ONLY A FEW WILL FIND IT.

What if I'm right and you are wrong?

We can co exist, but if you are not a believer of Jesus Christ and worship God you might want to listen or read or whatever this verse says. But first I asked way back around post # in the teens about what if I'm right and a non believer is wrong? And it was ignored.

Matthew 7:13 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. BUT SMALL IS THE GATE AND NARROW THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO LIFE, AND ONLY A FEW WILL FIND IT.

"If I'm wrong I'll go to jail. Peacefully. Quietly. We'll enjoy it. But if I'm right, and we can stop this thing, Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters."

If I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and I still believe humans have evolved from that first dude made of clay, I still get a ticket right Larry?

"If I'm wrong I'll go to jail. Peacefully. Quietly. We'll enjoy it. But if I'm right, and we can stop this thing, Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters."

If I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and I still believe humans have evolved from that first dude made of clay, I still get a ticket right Larry?

Hearsay, you keep referring to clay. Is this your own interpretation or did you get this from somewhere?

Hearsay, you keep referring to clay. Is this your own interpretation or did you get this from somewhere?

Didn't the Bible say that Adam was molded by God out of clay (or dust or sand) and breathed life into him?

Just because I do not have all the answers, it makes my point hogwash? I doubt that. I do not have the time to be researching anything throughly right now, as I am visiting the parents and I am on vacation. I have no problem with posting and discussing things, but I am not going to do research on vacation :lol:.

Also, that doesn't mean the facts that I talk about do not exist. They're there for anyone to find, including you.

You argue a point that you have no facts for but are sure that there are some. Then you put the onus on me to go find them. Okay.:rolleyes:

:thumb: Paschal's Wager- not proof of the existence of God, but certainly good reason to keep an open-mind in looking for Him.

You argue a point that you have no facts for but are sure that there are some. Then you put the onus on me to go find them. Okay.:rolleyes:

Here.

Fossil evidence

Nicholas Steno's anatomical drawing of an extant shark (left) and a fossil shark tooth (right). Steno made the leap and declared that the fossil teeth indeed came from the mouths of once-living sharks.

The fossil record provides snapshots of the past that, when assembled, illustrate a panorama of evolutionary change over the past four billion years. The picture may be smudged in places and may have bits missing, but fossil evidence clearly shows that life is old and has changed over time.

stenoshark.gif

Early fossil discoveries

In the 17th century, Nicholas Steno shook the world of science, noting the similarity between shark teeth and the rocks commonly known as "tongue stones." This was our first understanding that fossils were a record of past life.

Two centuries later, Mary Ann Mantell picked up a tooth, which her husband Gideon thought to be of a large iguana, but it turned out to be the tooth of a dinosaur, Iguanodon. This discovery sent the powerful message that many fossils represented forms of life that are no longer with us today.

Additional clues from fossils

Today we may take fossils for granted, but we continue to learn from them. Each new fossil contains additional clues that increase our understanding of life's history and help us to answer questions about their evolutionary

Clues at the cellular level

Fossils can tell us about growth patterns in ancient animals. The picture at right is a cross-section through a sub-adult thigh bone of the duckbill dinosaur Maiasaura. The white spaces show that there were lots of blood vessels running through the bone, which indicates that it was a fast-growing bone. The black wavy horizontal line in mid-picture is a growth line, reflecting a seasonal pause in the animal's growth.

Transitional forms

Fossils or organisms that show the intermediate states between an ancestral form and that of its descendants are referred to as transitional forms. There are numerous examples of transitional forms in the fossil record, providing an abundance of evidence for change over time.

Pakicetus (below left), is described as an early ancestor to modern whales. Although pakicetids were land mammals, it is clear that they are related to whales and dolphins based on a number of specializations of the ear, relating to hearing. The skull shown here displays nostrils at the front of the skull.

A skull of the beluga whale that roams the seas today (below right) has its nostrils placed at the top of its skull. It would appear from these two specimens that the position of the nostril has changed over time and thus we would expect to see intermediate forms.

pakicetus_nostrils.jpg

aetiocetus_nostrils.jpg

beluga_nostrils.jpg

Homologies

Evolutionary theory predicts that related organisms will share similarities that are derived from common ancestors. Similar characteristics due to relatedness are known as homologies. Homologies can be revealed by comparing the anatomies of different living things, looking at cellular similarities and differences, studying embryological development, and studying vestigial structures within individual organisms.

In the following photos of plants, the leaves are quite different from the "normal" leaves we envision.

homology.gif

Each leaf has a very different shape and function, yet all are homologous structures, derived from a common ancestral form. The pitcher plant and Venus' flytrap use leaves to trap and digest insects. The bright red leaves of the poinsettia look like flower petals. The cactus leaves are modified into small spines which reduce water loss and can protect the cactus from herbivory.

Another example of homology is the forelimb of tetrapods (vertebrates with legs).

transition_lobe.gif

Frogs, birds, rabbits and lizards all have different forelimbs, reflecting their different lifestyles. But those different forelimbs all share the same set of bones - the humerus, the radius, and the ulna. These are the same bones seen in fossils of the extinct transitional animal, Eusthenopteron, which demonstrates their common ancestry.

Homologies: anatomy

Individual organisms contain, within their bodies, abundant evidence of their histories. The existence of these features is best explained by evolution.

* Several animals, including pigs, cattle, deer, and dogs have reduced, nonfunctional digits, referred to as dewclaws. The foot of the pig has lost digit 1 completely, digits 2 and 5 have been greatly reduced, and only digits 3 and 4 support the body. Evolution best explains such vestigial features. They are the remnants of ancestors with a larger number of functional digits.

People (and apes) have chests that are broader than they are deep, with the shoulder blades flat in back. This is because we, like apes, are descended from an ancestor who was able to suspend itself using the upper limbs. On the other hand, monkeys and other quadrupeds have a different form of locomotion. Quadrupeds have narrow, deep chests with shoulder blades on the sides.

chest_compar.gif

LINK