Debunk Evolution Thread

However if you believe in the Word of God and believe in the Words of Prophets, then you have all the proof you need.

Yeah, but there are a lot of people who do not believe in that. And we should not force a religion that they do not believe upon them.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir Fred Hoyle compared the random emergence of even the simplest cell to the likelihood that "a tornado sweeping through a junk-yard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein." Hoyle also compared the chance of obtaining even a single functioning protein by chance combination of amino acids to a solar system full of blind men solving Rubik's Cube simultaneously.

Hoyle was a 20th century astrophysicist who helped develop the stellar nucleosynthesis theory. He, in fact, coined the term Big Bang.

Yeah, but there are a lot of people who do not believe in that. And we should not force a religion that they do not believe upon them.

I said IF you believe.... That is not forcing that is a statement.

Yeah, last I checked, they were forcing evolution doctrine onto us.

How many times do we have to tell you that is because there is EVIDENCE to back up the theory of evolution. While creationism is based on NO evidence, and just FAITH.

How many times do we have to tell you that is because there is EVIDENCE to back up the theory of evolution. While creationism is based on NO evidence, and just FAITH.

You believe what you want to believe.

I choose not be blinded by "man". I will put my faith in God and his choosen prophets that guide us.

I don't need proof, I have convictions.

And BTW, I don't need you tell me anything. thanks.

I will give this one more shot- in all seriousness...

The theory of evolution as presently taught posits that higher forms of life arose gradually from lower stages of living matter. Inheritable genetic changes in offspring are assumed to be spontaneous rather than the result of arranged or directed forces external to the system.

This theory conflicts with a basic law of chemistry, the second law of thermodynamics, which states in part that it is not possible for a spontaneous process to produce a system of higher order than the system possessed at the beginning of the change.

An example of a spontaneous process is a boulder that dislodges from a mountaintop and rolls down the mountain. The only way to get the boulder back up the mountain (thereby increasing its height, or the order of the system) is for energy outside the system to be expended—such as someone directing the process by seeing that the rock is carried up the mountain.

One of the current explanations of the improvement in plant and animal species over time is that cosmic radiation caused genetic changes resulting in a higher order of offspring survivability than the parent possessed.

A number of years ago, a renowned biologist and geneticist told of an experiment he had directed in which grasshoppers in their various stages of growth had been subjected to radiation levels greater than that insect family had received during its existence. He said the experiment caused many genetic changes, including the loss of a foreleg, an antenna, or some other inheritable change. However, not one of those changes gave the offspring a greater viability or survivability than that of the parent.

I don't and haven't tried to push religion on anyone.

I am ashamed for even clicking on this thread......

I started this thread in response to LBBC who stated in a previous thread that he would debunk evolution in another thread. This was just to provide him would that forum. He responded with a two line "debunking" in post #2 and later followed up with a statement that he is bored by science and quoted from Ben Stein's movie. I did not start the thread for another exciting jaunt down Creationism vs. Evolution Lane.I've gone there many times and for many years. I just wanted to hear LBBC lay evolution to rest once and for all. I waited with bated breath for nothing, I guess.