Debunk Evolution Thread

I do not understand why anyone believes we should teach creationism in school. A lot of people do not believe in God or creationism. Creationism is something that has very little evidence to support it if any. How can you teach something like that to people who might believe in a religion that contradicts it completely?

However if you believe in the Word of God and believe in the Words of Prophets, then you have all the proof you need.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evolution does not say that man came from a puddle of goo, or that man came from apes. Do you even know what the theory of evolution states?

In post #4, I asked for a clear idea of what was being discussed so I would be clear on what you guys meant by evolving. No one has yet to answer that question.

Here's my question: If we evolved from apes, then why aren't we still doing that?

Just playing devils advocate here, what proof is there that we are not still evolving? Evolution is not an overnight or two generation phenomenon, it is something that takes 1000s of years. The size of humans have increased substantially since the first traces of man. That may be because of diet and other factors, but that in itself, I would say is a component of evolution.

Just playing devils advocate here, what proof is there that we are not still evolving? Evolution is not an overnight or two generation phenomenon, it is something that takes 1000s of years. The size of humans have increased substantially since the first traces of man. That may be because of diet and other factors, but that in itself, I would say is a component of evolution.

Excellent points. As humans, we only tend to believe what we can see. Since we can't see evolution occurring, we dismiss it. We don't realize that this is a very slow process.

The oldest documented remains were actually larger than the present day human. But other than that there is no real difference. Evolution is debunked by the lack of change in humans over the years.

Cancer has been documented for thousands of years before the birth of Christ. Why hasn't the human body evolved to the point of stopping cancer?

Scientist have figured out a way to accelerate time in a vacuum. They can replicate years in just a few hours. Why haven’t our brilliant scientific minds been able to replicate evolution? I don’t expect a scientist to create a human, I will settle for a mouse or some other type of life form.

Calling evolution science is ridiculous. Nobody has scientifically proven evolution. It is a theory that I don’t have enough faith to believe in.

The oldest documented remains were actually larger than the present day human. But other than that there is no real difference. Evolution is debunked by the lack of change in humans over the years.

Cancer has been documented for thousands of years before the birth of Christ. Why hasn't the human body evolved to the point of stopping cancer?

Scientist have figured out a way to accelerate time in a vacuum. They can replicate years in just a few hours. Why haven’t our brilliant scientific minds been able to replicate evolution? I don’t expect a scientist to create a human, I will settle for a mouse or some other type of life form.

Calling evolution science is ridiculous. Nobody has scientifically proven evolution. It is a theory that I don’t have enough faith to believe in.

I don't know about the "oldest documented remains," but in the last 75 years basketball sure has changed. :D

Seriously. The 1948 UK team had a 6'7" Center, 6'4" Forward, 6'3" Forward, 6' Guard and 5'10" guard.

The 1978 team had two 6'10" players in the lineup, a 6'4" Forward, a 6'3" guard and 6'1" guard.

In the 19th Century Abe Lincoln and Andrew Jackson were considered giants of men and yet stood only 6'4". I see those guys all the time around my life.

Is that evolution, nutrition, genetics, I don't know. But there seems to be some defnite changes in height through the years.

My feeling is that some of you view evolution or the evolutionary process as what should be termed adaptation, not evolution.

As a side note, I remember vividly as a grade schooler listening to a scientist that had come to our school who staunchly believed that within our lifetimes that humans would "evolve" to no longer have pinky fingers because they were of little to no use. So, as an 8 y.o. I had probably dismissed his idea of "evolution".

I don't know about the "oldest documented remains," but in the last 75 years basketball sure has changed. :D

Seriously. The 1948 UK team had a 6'7" Center, 6'4" Forward, 6'3" Forward, 6' Guard and 5'10" guard.

The 1978 team had two 6'10" players in the lineup, a 6'4" Forward, a 6'3" guard and 6'1" guard.

In the 19th Century Abe Lincoln and Andrew Jackson were considered giants of men and yet stood only 6'4". I see those guys all the time around my life.

Is that evolution, nutrition, genetics, I don't know. But there seems to be some defnite changes in height through the years.

I highly doubt it. I'll guess that alot of 6'9" kids were throwing hay on a wagon on the farm rather than perfecting their post moves. And considering that we discuss every kid in the state here and now, that just wasn't the case many years ago. I don't subscribe to that theory.

Okay, where is your proof that man evolved from a similar ape-like primate?

There are fossils of a steadily more human like species being formed...

The oldest fossils of a species that was bipedal come from A. Afarensis which was very Ape-like in form. In later years more Australipithecis (sp.) fossils were found... Even later, a H. Erectus and H. Habilus fossils are found roaming the earth. Then about 35,000 years ago, H. Sapiens were found....

While its not concrete, I think it's pretty obvious that a human like species has been evolving for the past 75,000 years with the latest being the H. Sapien species...

Here's my question: If we evolved from apes, then why aren't we still doing that?

Baby's are born everyday from the HUMAN WOMB, not evolving from an ape....

So please answer that one.

How many times does someone have to say in one of these threads that evolution does not claim that humans evolved directly from apes?

In post #4, I asked for a clear idea of what was being discussed so I would be clear on what you guys meant by evolving. No one has yet to answer that question.

Evolution itself is simply the process of change over time. When applied to biology, evolution generally refers to changes in life forms over time. "The Theory of Biological Evolution" is a term used to refer to the proposition that all forms of life on earth are related through common descent, that inheritable traits are passed on from parent organisms to their offspring, that some changes naturally arise when organisms have offspring, and that over time these changes have resulted in the variety of life that we see on earth today.

LINK

Probably, HB20, but if you concede it, you're going to have an awfully tough time arguing with any credibility that both should not have an equal chance of presentation in the schools.

There's a difference though.

Evolution has evidence to back it up.

Creationism does not. End of story.

There is a time and place to teach Creationism, and that is Sundays in Church. Not Monday-Friday in schools.