Debunk Evolution Thread

Man did not evolve from apes...

Man and apes evolved from a similar ape-like primate...

Look up the history of the Hominidae scientific family. Its not as clear cut as just saying man evolved from apes.

Okay, where is your proof that man evolved from a similar ape-like primate?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

I believe God wanted humans to grow and learn and develop.

God wanted his humans to live according to His instructions as perfect individuals without sin. He didn't get His wish as they chose to eat an apple that was fordidden for them to eat, ironically, because they were fed a lie that they would grow to learn and be on equals with God.

Creationism is studied by some people out there. But there is no hard evidence thus far to prove creationism and there is really no way to prove it.

Watch the movie Expelled. Many times, Ben Stein proves that the head of the scientific communities have squelched efforts to study and research creationism.

Why can you not prove anything in Gen 1:1?

Of course, if scientists never let any research occur regarding creationsism, than I guess, technically, you are correct that you cannot prove what you don't allow to be researched.

LBBC, don't be offended, but this sounds like another "conspiracy theory" idea. Who is preventing the flow of what information? What is preventing you (or someone like you) from becoming a scientist and researching evidence of creationism?

I generally stay out of the creation vs. evolution debates but I meant no disrespect by incorrectly using the 5,000 year figure. I agree with creationists who argue that it takes a lot of faith to believe in the Big Bang theory and the chain of unlikely events that resulted in our being. Science will neverprove or disprove the existence of God, but what I have learned of their discoveries has left me with more faith in His existence, not less.

Ironically, the Darwinism scientists in Expelled from their own mouths had the opposite view. They felt that they more they learned, the more if showed that there was no God. That the more they learned, the more that it shoved them to their fear that Darwinism and evolution explained life with NO God involved.

LBBC, don't be offended, but this sounds like another "conspiracy theory" idea. Who is preventing the flow of what information? What is preventing you (or someone like you) from becoming a scientist and researching evidence of creationism?

Watch the movie Expelled where Ben Stein takes up the causes of 5 or 6 scientists who have been fired or funding pulled because they wanted to research creationism.

My lack of knowledge and finding science boring (sorry) prevents it.

In the movie, the head of the national academy of science says, pretty much, that it is a ridiculous notion and no need for the scientific community to research it. Other scientiests call people who believe in the story of Noah as idiots.

Could we PLEASE separate evolution from the Big Bang Theory? They are two completely separate ideas, though I do understand that some of you believe in neither.

So, is evolution that man came from a puddle of goo or some similar ape-like creature to a man? So, that I will be clear on what is being discussed.

I generally stay out of the creation vs. evolution debates but I meant no disrespect by incorrectly using the 5,000 year figure. I agree with creationists who argue that it takes a lot of faith to believe in the Big Bang theory and the chain of unlikely events that resulted in our being. Science will neverprove or disprove the existence of God, but what I have learned of their discoveries has left me with more faith in His existence, not less.

I agree. No way you can look at the complexity of the human eye and how it works and logically think that this happened by pure accident.

1. The refusal to allow its educational exploration at a younger age inhibiting a desire to research it in college;

2. State school boards in some states that refuse to allow it to be taught;

3. Teachers and the NEA, who have recently threatened lawsuits on 1st Amendment grounds that they should not be required to present material they don't want to present.

"Researching evidence of creationism" is hardly viable outside of the educational establishment, and as grandpappy used to say "they ain't fer it."

1. The refusal to allow its educational exploration at a younger age inhibiting a desire to research it in college;

2. State school boards in some states that refuse to allow it to be taught;

3. Teachers and the NEA, who have recently threatened lawsuits on 1st Amendment grounds that they should not be required to present material they don't want to present.

"Researching evidence of creationism" is hardly viable outside of the educational establishment, and as grandpappy used to say "they ain't fer it."

Whose model of creation are we to explore? Christian? Native American? Hindu? Strangely, they all have similaties, but I don't see anyone beating down the door to allow Native American creationism be taught in schools. It goes against their religious principles. Why can religion not be taught in church, thus each family being able to promote their own religious view to their children?

Please tell me, then, what the prescribed creationism curriculum would be?

Also, please tell me - if given the opportunity - what evidence we would be looking for that would "prove" creationism.

Whose model of creation are we to explore? Christian? Native American? Hindu? Strangely, they all have similaties, but I don't see anyone beating down the door to allow Native American creationism be taught in schools. It goes against their religious principles. Why can religion not be taught in church, thus each family being able to promote their own religious view to their children?

Please tell me, then, what the prescribed creationism curriculum would be?

Also, please tell me - if given the opportunity - what evidence we would be looking for that would "prove" creationism.

I do not understand why anyone believes we should teach creationism in school. A lot of people do not believe in God or creationism. Creationism is something that has very little evidence to support it if any. How can you teach something like that to people who might believe in a religion that contradicts it completely?

So, is evolution that man came from a puddle of goo or some similar ape-like creature to a man? So, that I will be clear on what is being discussed.

Evolution does not say that man came from a puddle of goo, or that man came from apes. Do you even know what the theory of evolution states?

Watch the movie Expelled where Ben Stein takes up the causes of 5 or 6 scientists who have been fired or funding pulled because they wanted to research creationism.

My lack of knowledge and finding science boring (sorry) prevents it.

In the movie, the head of the national academy of science says, pretty much, that it is a ridiculous notion and no need for the scientific community to research it. Other scientiests call people who believe in the story of Noah as idiots.

If you find science boring, why were you watching "Expelled"?