Little League Player Benched Because Mother Failed to Work Concession Stand

LRCW

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet she doesn't duck concession stand duty again.

:thumb:As a mother who has had to work a double shift at the concession stand and miss my own kid's game because someone else failed to show up, I don't see a problem with it. If you want to play, you have to work. You wouldn't believe the excuses parents use to get out of concession duty. It is ridiculous! It is too bad for the kid, but the mom is to blame. She knew the rules when she signed her kid up to play. I really don't see why this made any sort of news.

:thumb:As a mother who has had to work a double shift at the concession stand and miss my own kid's game because someone else failed to show up, I don't see a problem with it. If you want to play, you have to work. You wouldn't believe the excuses parents use to get out of concession duty. It is ridiculous! It is too bad for the kid, but the mom is to blame. She knew the rules when she signed her kid up to play. I really don't see why this made any sort of news.

So if you can't get off of work there is nothing you can do about it! Great statement by the way!:cry::irked:

I'm with TTL, someone had to work that stand and miss the game. The article doesn't imply that either side communicated with the other. It gets really old in a hurry when the same four or five parents do all the work while everyone else just complains.

So if you can't get off of work there is nothing you can do about it! Great statement by the way!:cry::irked:

Well, not defending anyone here, but having been on the LL board for several years, my guess is that she just didn't show. As Plato stated, very few do the majority of the work. I'll also guess that if she had contacted someone there'd be no problem. People want all of the benefits without any of the work. Just saying......

I'm sure little Johnny won't be too emotionally scarred from one day off to make it through life.

Of course in 15 yrs. we may be reading the update of how little Johnny's day off actually did scar him for life and is the source of his murderous rampage as identified on some therapist's couch.:scared:

So, the moral of the story is this.....Just show up for your stinkin' concession stand duty to keep your son from ending up on death row!

Well said. Rules are rules and they have to be enforced.

There is always an excuse. It is sad to say, but if the LL board starts getting lax on the rules, then people will run all over them. It is just like anything else. Of course there are always extenuating circumstances but "I couldn't get away from work" is kind of like "the dog ate my homework." The people that left messy desks and work undone at their offices to fulfill their kid's obligations don't care how your project is due. Everyone is busy and overbooked but it is part of the deal.

Rules may be rules, and they may need to be enforced; but in no way, shape, or form should this have ever been used to humiliate a child. :irked: The mother should have been punished monetarily, or in some other way -- just leave the innocent kid out of it.

Rules may be rules, and they may need to be enforced; but in no way, shape, or form should this have ever been used to humiliate a child. :irked: The mother should have been punished monetarily, or in some other way -- just leave the innocent kid out of it.

And just how would you propose to do that?