Little League Player Benched Because Mother Failed to Work Concession Stand

LRCW

And just how would you propose to do that?

Exactly. We can make all the rules we want. Enforcing them is the tricky part.

We hold a parent meeting at the beginning of the year, and each parent signs up for a game or two to work concessions. This list is then posted inside the concession stand for future referrel. We state at that time that if you can't keep your concessions date, it is their responsibility to simply arrange to switch with someone or to have another friend or relative cover for you. The varsity works jv games and vice versa. This has worked pretty well over the years, but I have seen times where parents ended up working when their kid is playing. Usually myself and a few other parents volunteer to work for them at this point. I don't mind at all to work as long as I can watch my kids play. This was the purpose of building Raceland's new gym with the concession windows facing the court. This works well when spectators sit at the tables instead of standing behind them, which puts them directly infront of the concession stand windows.

It helps too, during very crowded games to have a few extra parents help during the half time rush.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry the little guy had to sit out. Some company's require advanced notice to leave early. I could understand if the parent was off that day and missed working the booth. I've seen parent's totally miss fundraiser's all summer/fall. Sometime's it is the same people doing all of the work.