2008 Harlan County

You say the sweetest things!

If you hold your tongue about the County system you will blow up Pap Daddy. If the rap between us doesn't continue I will not renew my membership with preps next year. I love to get under your skin more than eating my favorite meal and since I am almost 300 pounds you can tell I really like to eat so I must enjoy riding you like a bank mule more than most.

lol Go Black Bears! And I really didn't want you to root for us good guys! lol

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Ok I'm here LB and being almost 300 pounds myself, we would make a good start to a fine line. Maybe I could recruit you (lol) to Harlan City with an offer to work at street sweeping or something. You know theres only 11 Bears can huddle up at once. Some of y'all might join our little old team. I guarentee a playoff game lol!

Yea, you are right they can only be 11 Bears huddle up,but those 11 they put out there will be a very good team. They have size,speed,and power.:scared:

Yea, you are right they can only be 11 Bears huddle up,but those 11 they put out there will be a very good team. They have size,speed,and power.:scared:

What will be interesting to see is if they have power at the skill position. Honestly I do not see the size at the skill positions. Gilliam, Smith & Simmons will be lucky to weigh 160. They have good speed, and some powerful lineman, but what will tell the tale is how strong the finesse player can become.:thumb:

What will be interesting to see is if they have power at the skill position. Honestly I do not see the size at the skill positions. Gilliam, Smith & Simmons will be lucky to weigh 160. They have good speed, and some powerful lineman, but what will tell the tale is how strong the finesse player can become.:thumb:

You dont see T.J Green and G.Roberts with size and power? T.J is around 190 and Glenn is around 200...

You dont see T.J Green and G.Roberts with size and power? T.J is around 190 and Glenn is around 200...

I would think Green would be a TE, IMO. Foot speed really limits him in the backfield. Coach Larkey will figure out the best positions for those young men.

I would think Green would be a TE, IMO. Foot speed really limits him in the backfield. Coach Larkey will figure out the best positions for those young men.

IMO Green is the best back for that offence.. What I have been told Coach Larky has seen some film on T.J and loves how he hits the hole..

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Running back.

He reminds me of those hard-nosed Cawood backs of the 1970s and 1980s. He doesn't have blazing speed, but he gets the job done and plays with a lot of heart.

Cabin what I was questioning is the power the speed kids have. TJ has power but not the speed we are discussing. I don't know enough about Roberts to comment, but 200 certianly is in the ballgame. When these kids get into 5A folks will see real quick what speed and power is all about. I watched Lex Cath (4A) at Bell last year. Vicini (Frank's nephew) was 6'4, 210 and ran like a deer. He played defensive end..in other words there was better running backs than him..that's what I'm talking about...go watch Highlands. Belfrey has a Kid that weighs 260 and runs pretty good. I'm not sure we could tackle a 260 lb running back if he got into the secondary. Folks, be sure you know I'm not browbeating these kids...we have talent...no doubt...I'm just raising questions....:thumb:

They would waste T.J at TE...Somebody was telling me that he could carried the ball 30 or 40 times a game..I dont know how much that is true..
After being moved from QB to TB last season Green carried the ball more than 30 times against Cumberland. I think that was his first game @ TB. I was @ the game and Cumberland did not have a answer for him. His freshman year he carried the ball 15 to 20 times per game. I think he could be one of the best backs in the mountains next season.:thumb:

Cabin what I was questioning is the power the speed kids have. TJ has power but not the speed we are discussing. I don't know enough about Roberts to comment, but 200 certianly is in the ballgame. When these kids get into 5A folks will see real quick what speed and power is all about. I watched Lex Cath (4A) at Bell last year. Vicini (Frank's nephew) was 6'4, 210 and ran like a deer. He played defensive end..in other words there was better running backs than him..that's what I'm talking about...go watch Highlands. Belfrey has a Kid that weighs 260 and runs pretty good. I'm not sure we could tackle a 260 lb running back if he got into the secondary. Folks, be sure you know I'm not browbeating these kids...we have talent...no doubt...I'm just raising questions....:thumb:
Green has 4.8 speed, that is not bad for 195 pounds. I would say Clark and Simmons from Cumberland have 4.7 speed. Then you have Gilliam and Smith who both can run a low 4.6 or high 4.5. You put a hard nosed fullback like Roberts in front of those guys, you look pretty strong and fast.:ylsuper: