2008 Harlan County

What does Harlan County need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Any info about how this combination is coming together? How is the weight program going? You can feel the energy in the air and the football team is the talk of the town. Will the Bears be able to make some noise in the first year? Go Bears, I can't wait till week one to see them take the field!

Edited by bugatti

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any info about how this combination is coming together? How is the weight program going? You can feel the energy in the air and the football team is the talk of the town. Will the Bears be able to make some noise in the first year? Go Bears, I can't wait till week one to see them take the field!

I heard that the Black Bears came together one day this week and had their combine (to see where they are at). The talk is that they had 5 or 6 kids run a 4.7 or better. Also, they had some big strong kids (line-man) run a 5 flat, or 5.1 to 5.2.

Look out for this Larkey team, because they will be talented!!!!!!

What does this have to do with Harlan County. The link you gave is about Harlan City.

:D You guys are going to be fighting that battle for awhile until people get used to it. It's tough when a city and county have the same name. I liked it better when Harlan Central was considered as opposed to just Harlan County.

With regards to the football team, I look forward to seeing them. With all due repect to Rockcastle County, I doubt Coach Larkey has ever had the raw talent and numbers that he finds before him now.

What does this have to do with Harlan County. The link you gave is about Harlan City.

Sorry about that. They've been trying to keep the individual school discussions within the threads they created. It looks like they forgot about Harlan County.

I heard that the Black Bears came together one day this week and had their combine (to see where they are at). The talk is that they had 5 or 6 kids run a 4.7 or better. Also, they had some big strong kids (line-man) run a 5 flat, or 5.1 to 5.2.

Look out for this Larkey team, because they will be talented!!!!!!

I think there was 65 upperclassmen at the combine, 12 of the returning starters from the 3 schools were absent due to baseball games though. With that in mind 8 kids ran under a 4.9 and like you said 6 kids ran a 4.7 to low 4.6. I thik there were some lineman and runnignbacks that got 185lbs over twenty times also.

Sorry about that. They've been trying to keep the individual school discussions within the threads they created. It looks like they forgot about Harlan County.

Yeah, the Blackbears were skipped. It should be Harlan Ind. and Harlan County. In the Harlan County thread everyone started discussing the GreenDragons.

The Bears will have maybe the most speed and depth at the RB position in the mountains.

Debatable.... Belfry, Pburg, and Bell County have speed, depth, experience, and have been proven against tougher competition.

The biggest question for the Black Bears this year will be how all the kids coming from varying systems adapt to Larkey's sytem. Defensively I expect Harlan County to put a quality unit together, they should have solid athletes at the skill positions as well.