Richie Sexson suspended 6 games for charging mound.

A high pitch that really wasn't that close to him caused Sexson to charge the mound and on his way to the mound he decided to throw his helmet at the pitcher, then tackled him to the ground. It was a pretty good tackle I must say!

I believe it was more about the Mariners being pretty bad offensively instead of a high pitch, but that's just me. Sexson has already appealed the suspension.

At least he admitted right after the game that he was wrong and just snapped. I think it was just the added frustration of the year they're having along with the already hit batters in the game. He even said throwing the helmet was a chicken poop thing to do.

A high pitch that really wasn't that close to him caused Sexson to charge the mound and on his way to the mound he decided to throw his helmet at the pitcher, then tackled him to the ground. It was a pretty good tackle I must say!

I believe it was more about the Mariners being pretty bad offensively instead of a high pitch, but that's just me. Sexson has already appealed the suspension.

That was the best part to me, just hilarious. :lol:

That was the best part to me, just hilarious. :lol:

I guess he figured it would help him get a better shot on the pitcher, in which it did!

I will way that it was good that he at least admitted his wrong doing instead of putting it off on someone else or on something else.

At least he admitted right after the game that he was wrong and just snapped. I think it was just the added frustration of the year they're having along with the already hit batters in the game. He even said throwing the helmet was a chicken poop thing to do.

Didn't know that. With his .209 average he was probably hoping he threw at him so he could 1) get on base and 2) finally hit something...

Bad decision and an interesting event to say the least, but I think 6 is too many. He will get this knocked down IMO.

Too many? I don't think so for the type of pitch it was. He had no reason to charge the mound.