Track the Reds (Week 5)

Anyone still wanting to bench or trade Enacarnacion?

Not me; never did. I'll confess he has me slapping my hand on my forehead sometimes, but I don't think Reds fans have seen his best. I think he's going to be the Reds' 3B for a long time, and I think he can be an All-Star in a few years.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me; never did. I'll confess he has me slapping my hand on my forehead sometimes, but I don't think Reds fans have seen his best. I think he's going to be the Reds' 3B for a long time, and I think he can be an All-Star in a few years.

:thumb::thumb:

:thumb::thumb:
I will not only agree with you two. I have stated many many times this is not a very smart basebal city, and it is proven so every year. Local talk radio becomes unlistenbable, even more so than usual around here, during the MLB season.

I will not only agree with you two. I have stated many many times this is not a very smart basebal city, and it is proven so every year. Local talk radio becomes unlistenbable, even more so than usual around here, during the MLB season.

Lance is the leader of that. I get really tired of him talking about how much he doesn't like Dunn.

Why don't you think this is a smart baseball city? I think it's pretty much a sick and tired of losing pro sports city. I think the uneducated ones are the ones that think these teams will magically sprout wings and soar to the playoffs.

Why don't you think this is a smart baseball city? I think it's pretty much a sick and tired of losing pro sports city. I think the uneducated ones are the ones that think these teams will magically sprout wings and soar to the playoffs.

I think that's exactly what he was getting at. The ones that think that the team can just turn around overnight are the ones that want to send Encarnacion down or rush Bruce up and put him in centerfield and bat him leadoff when he clearly isn't suited to do either. And Cincinnati seems to be full of people like that.

Lance is the leader of that. I get really tired of him talking about how much he doesn't like Dunn.

I'm not a big Dunn guy, I think that is well known. I am learning to live with his downside in relation to his upside. However, the Reds can't afford for their one dimensional outfielder to tank a month at a time. 3 HRs and 8 RBIs in a one month period is a killer. Now if he can get back on track towards a 40, 100 season, we can live with all of his other faults.

^ I agree he is killing us right now but it looks like he is starting to come around.

He has to produce, for them to have any shot at a decent season. Hopefully he is coming out of his funk. I sure would like to see him get a little more consistent. When he is hot, he is awesome .