Did Obama's comments offend you.

HT721

Guest Bluto

OFF the record: I agree with CoachBuckett. :cool:

Never offended by what people say. Everyone has a right to speak their minds. Problem with the world today we are caught up to much on who is hurting someones feelings.

ON the record: This is America! :mad:

I reserve the right to be offended by ANYTHING that rubs me wrong in the SLIGHTEST manner! :madman:

I am in TOTAL agreement with LBBC: :fire:

It offended me and I need reparations from it. Just enough to pay off my home mortgage would suffice.

Guest Bluto

Offended? No

Annoyed by the media/cultural double-standard? Heck yes. (see points below)

Not offended at all but it did point out the double standard that Obama can say things Clinton or McCain cannot.

Not offended, but it was a ridiculous statement. How exactly would he know the feelings of a "typical white person"? In fact, what is a "typical white person?" Just someone who fears being on the street with an approaching black man? Is that all it takes? I guess I must be an "atypical white person," since such a situation does not create any knee-quivering feelings of dread within me. And what exactly does this make Jessie Jackson, since he also has these same feelings? And since there is apparently such thing as a "typical white person", I wonder how Obama would define a "typical black person?"

Again, not an offensive statement to me, but I find it to be an utterly ignorant one.

It offends me because if the tables were turned and this was a "whie" person talking this abut black or AA people they would be hanged from the highest tree. Yes it offends me!:madman:

I was more offended when he said he couldn't disown his pastor, but threw his 'racist' grandmother under the bus.

The lady that loved him and raised him was severely disrespected IMO. Shameful...

Is it offensive to me? No.

Does it provide some insight as to how Obama thinks about white people? Yes.

Does that line of thinking worry me? Again yes. If Obama thinks that every white person thinks about blacks the way his grandmother does, he is prejudging every white person and hence, to that effect, is predudiced. I am confident that Obama would not want me to prejudge every black based on how Wright feels. Yet he seemingly is doing the same thing about whites based on how is grandmother feels. Sort of ironic isn't it?

I likewise do not feel the way that his grandmother does. I work with and around black people. I do not feel threatened when I see a black person walking down the street at all. I do get my guard up when I see a group of people who look mencing walking my way, but do that regardless of whether they are black or white. My wife thinks I'm a little over the top, but when we go to a bar and I see people that set off my "Spider Man tinkling sensation", I stop drinking so I can keep my wits about me. The most recent time that happened it was a group of white dudes involved.

I was more offended when he said he couldn't disown his pastor, but threw his 'racist' grandmother under the bus.

The lady that loved him and raised him was severely disrespected IMO. Shameful...

You summed that up perfectly. End of debate please.