Open Coaching Positions

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you including Walton in that mix?

I'm just saying it sounds that way in Boone Co. I would hope the Walton job is safe. I would hope all the coaches jobs are safe. I think they all are going to be very good coaches and are currently.

This is all in the rumor mill.

Clay Job- Some people are upset on how the program is being represented by the head coach. As far as having altercations with other district opponets and coaches. As well as what happen as far as the bargaining for officials. Mike Deaton's name has been bought up in what I have heard about this job.

Jackson Job- Too much talent not enough X's and O's. Year after year it seems they give him one more chance, I do not look for that to happen this next year. Look for assistant Madden to possibly take over.

Corbin- Corbin has a strong tradition and people seem to be upset with not getting back to the state tournament. And also, not winning the district as a clear odds on favorite. If this comes open there will be some high profile names apply.

North- No post season. When the New AD took over he said that he wanted all programs to strive on the post season. The last two years it has been one and done for them. Look for assistant coach Parrott's name to come up in this job after the state tournament.

Are you including Walton in that mix?

Walton-Verona is not part of the Boone County School System, they are an independent school district. I have no clue as to if Walton's coaching position is open or not, the current coach is also the Assistant AD & Social Studies Department Head for the high school.

Walton-Verona is not part of the Boone County School System, they are an independent school district. I have no clue as to if Walton's coaching position is open or not, the current coach is also the Assistant AD & Social Studies Department Head for the high school.

Walton's coach is not going anywhere.

I'm just saying it sounds that way in Boone Co. I would hope the Walton job is safe. I would hope all the coaches jobs are safe. I think they all are going to be very good coaches and are currently.

What criteria define a good, bad, or mediocre coach, and how long should it take to evaluate their performance at a school?

What criteria define a good, bad, or mediocre coach, and how long should it take to evaluate their performance at a school?

Not sure what the criteria is to define a good, bad or mediocre coach but I sure know each when I see them. I could take you to 3 different games and show you which is which but I have to think everyone else can pretty much do the same.:p