Everything posted by dogman
-
Corbin/South Laurel game will be played 1-29-09 at 6:30 p.m.
I agree Corbin would have played, but if it would have help their team they should not have played. I guess what I am trying to say is I understand why South did not want to play with what they had done over the weekend.
-
Corbin/South Laurel game will be played 1-29-09 at 6:30 p.m.
I agree it should have been played Tuesday night. However if everything was reversed Corbin would have called the game off also. It was in South's best interest to cancel and play later. They may have better legs with a few more days off, but they are still coming off of two losses and if Corbin comes out early and gets up, it will get in their heads as it would any team.
-
When will Corbin/South Laurel play?
If it is weather related, and it was, no team has to forfeit. If a date can not be agreed on by both teams the game is not played. I am sure that South will work out a date to play not only because of the seeding but also for the gate. This game not being played last night because of weather is nothing like the Williamsburg situation a few years ago.
-
Corbin 75 Harlan County 47
Why did Coach West have to take over the JV team from Coach McDaniel??
-
13th region refs
There has been some movement to make changes in the 13th. but it will not get better untill you get a few more people out of the game. When you have a problem with one ref causing a problem with another ref calling a game because the first ref didn't get the game something is not right.
-
Preseason games in the 13th region...
Corbin playing at home this Saturday against Knott County. I do not know the time.
-
What's the Call?
Back to the first post. I do not believe it is jump ball. If Team B has not released the ball and Team A reaches and makes contact before Team B lets go of the ball it is a Technical Foul on Team A. You can not have a jump ball with Team B still out of bounds. It does not matter that Team B reached the ball across the plane of out of bounds.
-
What's the Call?
It is a T-Foul on team B.
-
Cumberland Falls Pigkskin Classic
The games have been moved to Friday Sept. 5 with the same times.
-
Guess who said it for Corbin and Middlesboro fans (anyone can guess)?
Any coach has got to do what they believe is best for their program. I will say this Kenny Roark and Steve Jewell are class people and run a class program at their schools. That both take great pride in the programs they have been put in charge of. Fear in who they play has nothing to do with the problems at Bell.
-
2008 Corbin
Aaron is doing the correct thing by playing football if he wants to play. He can have a better future in football than basketball if he wants to. Josh Crawford is another kid that could have played both sports if he had want to and I think would have help his basketball. No kid should be told not to play one sport over another if that kid wants to play more than one sport. The kids only get to go through high school one time.
-
New Tournament For Next Year
Correction to teams Leslie County is not in the tournament but Allen County Scottsville is in.
-
New Tournament For Next Year
Teams released today: Whitley County, Middlesboro, Rockcastle County, Jackson County, Pendleton County, Leslie County & Corbin and I do not remember the other team.
-
2008 Cumberland Falls Inv.
Bubba, I think Clay has their own tournament at the same time.
-
2008 Cumberland Falls Inv.
What will the first round look like. Who plays who??
-
2008 Cumberland Falls Inv.
Les, With you being on vacation is the reason this tourney is not covered as well as it used to be by the local press?
-
2008 Cumberland Falls Inv.
Evans won the tournment in 2007. (This past year)
-
2008 Cumberland Falls Inv.
I just heard the teams for the 2008 C.F.I.T. in Corbin Dec. 27-30, 2008. Evans Orlando, Fl. Gaffney, Sc. Lynn Camp Bell County Knox Central South Laurel Boyle County Corbin
-
New Tournament For Next Year
I do not, I was told when all of the contracts were back there was going to a be a press release issued.
-
New Tournament For Next Year
I have just herad that the Redhound Varsity Club will sponsor the Lady Redhound Cumberland Falls Inv. for next year. Eight teams with three games. This is great news for girls basketball. If it is anything like the boys tournament it will be very good tournament. The tournament will before Christmas.
-
State Tournament Trip for the Coach
Should the coach take the room and let someone else use it, sale their tickets that the school bought and take the expense money for the trip and go fishing? My though is if they are not going to state tournament they should be at school teaching and should not take the ticket money or expense monty.
-
State Tournament Trip for the Coach
Does your school allow there coach's to attend the state tournament if they are not playing in the tournament? If so do they receive pay, for the days out of school, and do they receive expense money?
-
Open Coaching Positions
Corbin job will not come open for 24 more years.
-
Open Coaching Positions
There is date by law or the school has got to pay them for the next year. I think it is June 30 each year.
-
South Laurel 59 Corbin 49
I would but he knows more than anyone already or he would have Coach Farris with him now. You can not help someone that does not want to be helped.