2008 Cumberland Falls Inv.

This will be a great CFIT.

Having these local teams is great.

I'm always on vacation during the CFIT, so I'll have something to watch during the holidays.

To be honest,

During the past three years all of Corbin's games in the CFIT has been covered. The fact that usually only one local team is in the tournament probably makes it seem like it's not being covered heavily. You have to realize there are other teams in the Tri-County that are playing at the same time, too. But I know Corbin will and always be covered in the CFIT.

As for coverage, pm me if you have anything else.

With this many local teams in this year's CFIT, I'm sure it will be covered when the local teams are playing.

Great job to everyone that got these local teams in this.

You have arguably the top 4 teams in the 13th region next year plus a couple of other good in-state teams to go along with 2 very good out of state teams.

Someone did a good job in getting this tourney together.:thumb:

I'm not sure, but it looks like a good one.

With the Hometown Bank Hoopin it up Classic at North and South Laurel; the CFIT and the Laurel County Hoopfest in January, we should have three weeks of solid basketball.

What will the first round look like. Who plays who??

Best thing the Varsity club could do is just draw this one out of a hat. That way no one could say they were given a bad draw in the first round. With so many local teams it will be hard to match these teams up. South, Knox, Bell, Corbin and Lynn Camp all play each other with a couple in the same district to boot. If I were matching them up I would probably do it something like this.

Evans vs Knox Central

Corbin vs Boyle

South vs Gaffney

Bell vs Lynn Camp

You have arguably the top 4 teams in the 13th region next year plus a couple of other good in-state teams to go along with 2 very good out of state teams.

Someone did a good job in getting this tourney together.:thumb:

Clay County would have been a nice addition to the field. Then you could have really had a good arguement for having the top four teams in the region no doubt.

I think they had to get the local teams back involved b/c of lack of attendance. It had lost its luster as of late.

Should be a great tourney.

You hit the nail on the head. The last time I went to the Cumberland Falls was like 3 years ago and there was basically no one there.

Any idea how many players Evans returns this year, they were a state semifinalist in Florida 6A last year.

If my program information is correct. Evans would return both post players..#21 and #20 along with one other starter. Plus Coach Crawford went pretty deep in his bench last season, so a lot of his players will return with experience.