Hillary Just Said Something I like...

Whether it would happen if she's President, I do not know...

But she said that she plans on forgiving all debt (student loans) for students who go into public service jobs, like law enforcement. Seeing as how that is the field I'm really interested in going into...she might be convincing me to vote for her. Definitely makes me think. I'll have to see if I can find out more of what she's talking about.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like she can wave a magic wand and make it happen. Congress has the final say and you know they won't make a decision that makes our lives easier. She is getting desperate right now and reaching into the bottom of the promise bag to get votes.

But she said that she plans on forgiving all debt (student loans) for students who go into public service jobs, like law enforcement. Seeing as how that is the field I'm really interested in going into...she might be convincing me to vote for her. Definitely makes me think. I'll have to see if I can find out more of what she's talking about.

Ah yes, the "Me Generation". What can you do for me? What are you going to give me? :rolleyes:

Why is it that so many today think that America should be about Entitlement Programs? What makes you so special in your eyes?

I'm in education and have paid back over 15,000 in grad loans, made the last payment last month. Do I need to send my bills to Hillary to get reinbursed? What a joke!! Next thing you know she will propose that all homeowners who can't make payments because they can't budget their money will not have to make mortgage payments anymore.

Ah yes, the "Me Generation". What can you do for me? What are you going to give me? :rolleyes:

Why is it that so many today think that America should be about Entitlement Programs? What makes you so special in your eyes?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think she could do this nor do I think she really SHOULD do this, but schools are putting a far greater financial burden on students these days than ever. My last semester at UofL I was paying over 50% more what I had started out at, and that was only from fall of 03 to fall of 07.

Schools REALLY need to figure out a way to make money without making us work two jobs to pay for tuition because we aren't blessed with athletic ability or good fortune to get triple scholarships.

But student loans are meant to be paid back. For those students who got the student loans who DIDN'T work, and got to spend more time at school and were able to graduate in a timely fashion and got to spend time at parties... sorry, I don't have much pity on you.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think she could do this nor do I think she really SHOULD do this, but schools are putting a far greater financial burden on students these days than ever. My last semester at UofL I was paying over 50% more what I had started out at, and that was only from fall of 03 to fall of 07.

Schools REALLY need to figure out a way to make money without making us work two jobs to pay for tuition because we aren't blessed with athletic ability or good fortune to get triple scholarships.

But student loans are meant to be paid back. For those students who got the student loans who DIDN'T work, and got to spend more time at school and were able to graduate in a timely fashion and got to spend time at parties... sorry, I don't have much pity on you.

I agree that the schools have gotten out of hand with tuition lately. My daughter just graduated from college in December and my son is in his sophomore year in college and I know how ridiculous tuition has turned out to be. But to think (and I know you agree here) that you should be forgiven your student loans is preposterous.

I agree that the schools have gotten out of hand with tuition lately. My daughter just graduated from college in December and my son is in his sophomore year in college and I know how ridiculous tuition has turned out to be. But to think (and I know you agree here) that you should be forgiven your student loans is preposterous.

I'm not sure if the schools are the ones to blame. If tax revenue is not there or if govt officials decide to spend it elsewhere.....

Are you thinking about voting for her because you think she'll make a good president or just so you might not have to pay back your student loans?

I said I'll have to look into things more. This is something that makes me consider voting for her. When you have loans into the thousands, it's significant. :lol:

Why wouldn't you feel obligated to pay back your lenders?

Out of my post how do you get that I don't want to pay the money back? Unless something like Hillary stated happens, I will pay them back. Otherwise the Government would be doing it for me. Is that so bad?

I'm sorry, but all I've seen on this board lately is you arguing for or against a candidate based on their views on guns, because YOU like guns. Pot meet kettle...is that how you say that? :lol:

So who is going to pay for your education?