HHS/NCC Predictions(36th district 1st round)

NCC06

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a neutral floor NCC wins, but HHS will win this game in a close one on their home floor. HHS slipped past a 10-17 Woodford county last night by 3pts. NCC beat WC by 26pts just last week. HHS appears to be limping into the districts and probably fortunate the tourney is on their floor.

On a neutral floor NCC wins, but HHS will win this game in a close one on their home floor. HHS slipped past a 10-17 Woodford county last night by 3pts. NCC beat WC by 26pts just last week. HHS appears to be limping into the districts and probably fortunate the tourney is on their floor.

I've learned the hard way about comparing teams by their wins or losses against similar opponents. On its face your point about NCC beating Woodford County by 25 and Highlands beating them by only 3 would make one think that NCC has a clear advantage over Highlands. There are other factors to consider. Highlands played Woodford County at Woodford County. NCC played them at home. Woodford County hit 10 3-pointers against Highlands. To be able to withstand that I think is pretty good.

If we look at it like you do, which is more impressive.

Highlands 63 Woodford County 60 Highlands Victory

NCC 65 Woodford County 37 NCC Victory

OR

Highlands 59 Holy Cross 28 Highlands Victory

Holy Cross 50 NCC 47 NCC Loss

My point is that arguments can be made either way and there are many factors to consider. This will be a good game. I think Highlands will win because they're more balanced. Adopting your methodology one might say Highlands wins big based on last years district game where they beat NC 80-56. The only difference this year is that NCC lost their D1 player. But I'll stick to my prediction that Highlands will win in a close competitive game.

Why does the seed versus draw question/argument have to enter into every thread when discussing the 36th district? They have always drawn and will continue to do so in the future unless the KHSAA mandates seeding period end of story. Now to the game, I would expect Highlands to win this game by a small margin because they have a little more depth and will be playing on their home floor.

My point is NCC is playing as good as HHS right now IMO. I believe in my post it reads "HHS will win at home in a close one", but I also believe it's due to the home court advantage.

As several previous posts have said "HHS sits back in a 2-3 zone and baits teams into launching 3's, but if a team is hitting from the outside HHS is very beatable" (hence ten 3's by WC).

Why does the seed versus draw question/argument have to enter into every thread when discussing the 36th district? They have always drawn and will continue to do so in the future unless the KHSAA mandates seeding period end of story. Now to the game, I would expect Highlands to win this game by a small margin because they have a little more depth and will be playing on their home floor.

It also enters in with the 34th district. Why? Because it is a valid debate.....

But to the game, seeing both teams play, I think it will be a good game. I don't know if I can predict a winner. It is post season, every game before means NOTHING......

Any idea if all districts in NKY (31 thru 37) draw ? And, does it have to be unanimous as far as voting on whether to draw or seed ? I thought I saw in an earlier thread that in some districts, some of the schools favor seeding but not all the schools. I guess some of the 1a schools figure they'll never make it to the regional if their seeded with schools that are 4,5,and 6a. However, they do have their own "ALL A CLASSIC" .

34th, 36th draw

31st, 32nd, 33rd, 35th, 37th seeded, as it should be

Why does the seed versus draw question/argument have to enter into every thread when discussing the 36th district?

Because it should be the two best teams representing the district. I'll say the same thing in this thread I did in the boys thread. What value does Bellevue, Dayton or Newport get out of playing in the regional tournament when more than likely they'll get their lunch handed to them in the first round?

Because it should be the two best teams representing the district. I'll say the same thing in this thread I did in the boys thread. What value does Bellevue, Dayton or Newport get out of playing in the regional tournament when more than likely they'll get their lunch handed to them in the first round?

A point everyone seems to be missing about getting to the region is: MONEY.Every team that gets to the region gets a cut of the proceeds, and this is usually in the 4 digit range, even if you lose in the first round. I agree the 2 best teams should represent the district for all the reasons mentioned, but as in anything money talks and the small schools see this as their only way to get to the region tourney AND pick up that nice check.

A point everyone seems to be missing about getting to the region is: MONEY.Every team that gets to the region gets a cut of the proceeds, and this is usually in the 4 digit range, even if you lose in the first round. I agree the 2 best teams should represent the district for all the reasons mentioned, but as in anything money talks and the small schools see this as their only way to get to the region tourney AND pick up that nice check.

So the decision is made out of greed. NICE!