HHS/NCC Predictions(36th district 1st round)

NCC06

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plain stupid!! It almost makes it a joke by letting a not so good teams make it to region. What's the point of them making it and getting blownout? I take the Breds by 6

I hear you there! It is bad for the kids that work hard to be a good team, then get punished by playing a good team in the first round. If I was pridicted to make it to Regionals, I would be licking my chops waiting for Belleuvue/Dayton/Newport.......

Thanks! That does stink that Highlands and NCC play the first night.....

nothing against the other schools in that District. But they aren't as good as Highlands or NCC......

why don't they seed?

IMO because they hope for a year like this rather than seed. I like seeding because it places some value on the regular season matches. Those games in theory give you the possibility of the best district representation at the regional level(by having the number 1 seed and number 2 seed on opposite sides of the bracket). Instead, those that vote against seeding hope that the best two teams get to face each other in the first round and one of the "weaker" teams ends up with a spot at the regional tournament. IMO that is a weak mindset.

I hear you there! It is bad for the kids that work hard to be a good team, then get punished by playing a good team in the first round. If I was pridicted to make it to Regionals, I would be licking my chops waiting for Belleuvue/Dayton/Newport.......

Agreed and IMO it becomes tougher for the district champion from the 36th, or any district that doesn't seed, to advance in the region tournament. Because the opposing district champion gets in theory an "easier" game in the first round of the regional tournament.

Agreed and IMO it becomes tougher for the district champion from the 36th, or any district that doesn't seed, to advance in the region tournament. Because the opposing district champion gets in theory an "easier" game in the first round of the regional tournament.

Not sure it is "in theory".....more like a fact. Check the records and check schedules......the reality is that NCC would beat any of those other three teams. So someone is going to get an "easier" first round game in the Regional Tournament.....

I don't understand why some districts seed and some do not. It should be standard.....again, it hurts the kids by not seeding....

Any idea if all districts in NKY (31 thru 37) draw ? And, does it have to be unanimous as far as voting on whether to draw or seed ? I thought I saw in an earlier thread that in some districts, some of the schools favor seeding but not all the schools. I guess some of the 1a schools figure they'll never make it to the regional if their seeded with schools that are 4,5,and 6a. However, they do have their own "ALL A CLASSIC" .