Chad Johnson

saint4

I had also heard a 1 and 3 or 2 two's in the Skins deal. The Bengals stance has been that he isn't on the block but there is an awful lot of smoke to be no fire.

Vilma is an interesting thought. He has never bought into what the Jets are doing. He is a 4-3 backer in a 3-4 scheme.

I'd love to see the Bengals work something out with somebody like the Dolphins to get a stud defensive player then pick up a Manningham or Deucet. The Bengals have got to work on their defense.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad reality is that Chad Johnson has brought more attention to himself than Terrell Owens and Randy Moss combined this past season. It's going to hurt the Bengals from a talent standpoint on the outside but his act has gotten beyond old. I loved him before he was a household name. I still don't know that he will be going anywhere but there sure is a lot of specutlation for nothing to be going on.

I don't follow.

Maybe I don't either. The way I understand it if the Bengals deal Chad they lose 8 million out of their salary budget for 2008. It doesn't matter what the Bengals would get in return, they would still be restricted from spending it on player salary so it may be money in managements pocket for 2008 but it is not something that helps the team.

I read something yesterday on CTR's blog that pretty much sums up Chad's situation IMO. Chad signed a contract that was front loaded, and now that he's at the tail end of the contract and it goes down in value, Chad wants out. Big Shock. CTR even went so far as to compare Chad to Latrell Sprewell.