Chad Johnson

saint4

Johnny Unitas, Walter Payton, Joe Montana, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders.

Maybe he's only talking about WR's...You know, the not so great ones like Jerry Rice, and Marvin Harrison, Tim Brown.etc...

CJ doesn't deserve to be named in the same breath as these great players. He needs to go to the Raiders and be with Al Davis, who has destroyed this once beloved franchise.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do! It was one of the first things he talked about, when he first started having the talk about getting out of Cincy this offseason. He said he was unhappy with the fans, media, etc with how everyone was trying to put all the blame on him for why the bengals were losing this season. Which he has a great point, because all season long, you heard people on radios, and on here on bgp saying how Chad Johnson was the reason for why the Bengals were losing. With everyone trying to put the blame on him for why the bengals were losing, is what first got all of this started. That is the reason why Chad Johnson also stopped talking to the media during the season. We all know Chad Johnson is an emotional person, and when media, fans were all trying to put the blame on him for the reason why we were losing, then it hurt his feeling and it has just kind of kept going down from there. I know I heard him say this on tv, and I also think I remember seeing it in a paper somewhere. So I will try to look back through some things to also try to find a link for you showing that he said that.

Yep Chad is an idiot b/c of the fans. He's a great teammate, and he doesn't care at all about himself. That's the exact perception I get from him.;)

During the Pro-Bowl practice today Chad wore a Ravens visor throughout. The announcers made a point of pointing it out and saying it isn't a big deal except that it really speaks to where he is mentally right now.

Of course, having said that T.O. also had on an Eagles visor and they made issue of that as well.

Johnson, who wants to force a trade from the Cincinnati Bengals, did a light NFL Network interview with Jamie Dukes but he blew off the national reporters waiting to talk to him. The scene wasn't pretty. At one point, he brushed aside a NFL public relations representative who tried to stop him because it's mandatory that Pro Bowl players do interviews. Johnson faces a possible fine.

Chad, Chad, Chad.....

"Consistently, I've done it," he said in the NFL Network interview, according to The Associated Press. "I haven't done it perfect, but consistently at a high level. I get out of line at times, but what great one doesn't? What great one doesn't get emotional? Find me a great one who hasn't done it like that and I'll be quiet."

Marvin Harrison?

Can I say shut up now?

While Chad does make some very good catches, how many drops did he have last year, and the year before? How many easy catches were dropped that would have resulted in first downs, and continued drives? Trading Chad would make Chad happy but be very bad for the team. If Chad wants to sit our the year, fine do it! Don't trade him. Force his hand. You might still get stuck paying his bonus money, but the fines and lack of paying his salary will make up some of it. When he realizes that if he wants to play he has to play for the Bengals, then fine - he must obey the rules. If he doesn't, don't play him. make him ride the pine. sitting on the bench seems to straighten out lots of players at all levels

While Chad does make some very good catches, how many drops did he have last year, and the year before? How many easy catches were dropped that would have resulted in first downs, and continued drives? Trading Chad would make Chad happy but be very bad for the team. If Chad wants to sit our the year, fine do it! Don't trade him. Force his hand. You might still get stuck paying his bonus money, but the fines and lack of paying his salary will make up some of it. When he realizes that if he wants to play he has to play for the Bengals, then fine - he must obey the rules. If he doesn't, don't play him. make him ride the pine. sitting on the bench seems to straighten out lots of players at all levels

T.O had 10 drops this year, Chad Johnson had 7 (same as TJ).

According to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com CJ spent some quality time in Hawaii with his closest mentor, receiver guru Charles Collins. This is a guy that Chad Johnson respects more than any other person in his life and greeted him with kisses when they met up. After the two talked and spent some time together, Collins said he is convinced that Chad's behavior stems from frustration and that Johnson really wants to stay in Cincinnati.

T.O had 10 drops this year, Chad Johnson had 7 (same as TJ).

TJ's number sounds about right, Chad's number seems low to me. Maybe it is just when Chad has his drops that seem to magnify them. Either way, let him be frustrated at home or on the sideline until he grows up

Bengals can not afford to trade him due to the contracts Chad agreed to, so, if he doesn't follow thru on his threat to sit out the year, then I would have no problem seeing his whiny behind on the bench. Football is such a team game, and Chad's antics any more are certainly not 'team' centric anymore