Is Tom Brady the best QB ever?

Is Brady the best QB to ever play the game?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brady the best QB to ever play the game?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite simply..........No.

There have been and still are some better than Brady imo.

Favre and P. Manning still playing and some others that I would list before Brady are Montana, Starr, Unitas, Elway, Staubach, Bradshaw and Marino.

JMO and I realize that Super Bowls are a part of it but I don't think that it should be "THE" "determining factor" or requirement.

No body had an impact for and to the NFL like Joe Namath. He called every play in the huddle to win the third Super Bowl and his team was a 17 point underdog. First QB to pass for 4,000 yards in a 14 game season. Was hounded by the press like no other.

All the things he did on two very bad knees and back then you could do things to the QB that would throw the defensive player out of the game.

Quite simply..........No.

There have been and still are some better than Brady imo.

Favre and P. Manning still playing and some others that I would list before Brady are Montana, Starr, Unitas, Elway, Staubach, Bradshaw and Marino.

JMO and I realize that Super Bowls are a part of it but I don't think that it should be "THE" "determining factor" or requirement.

So Brady barely makes your top 10? :sleep:

Seems like you may just dislike the guy.

3 times out of 7 seasons. Of his stats before this season he averaged 21 TD's per year. Good try though.

Until this year who has he had to throw the ball to? Yeah that is right nobody! I mean his best receiver until this year was Deion Branch, and well as we see with him at Seattle. He is nothing but at best an average receiver in the NFL. Tom Brady might have done more with less than any QB in history. Then just how this guy performs under pressure in clutch situations is just amazing. This year he finally gets some weapons to throw too, and he sets records. Yet the way you talk about him, he is nothing but a decent QB...

Until this year who has he had to throw the ball to? Yeah that is right nobody! I mean his best receiver until this year was Deion Branch, and well as we see with him at Seattle. He is nothing but at best an average receiver in the NFL. Tom Brady might have done more with less than any QB in history. Then just how this guy performs under pressure in clutch situations is just amazing. This year he finally gets some weapons to throw too, and he sets records. Yet the way you talk about him, he is nothing but a decent QB...

He is only decent, like I said Derek Anderson would do the same stuff as him with that team.

3 times out of 7 seasons. Of his stats before this season he averaged 21 TD's per year. Good try though.

That's not true. This was his 7th season as a starter and before this season he had seasons of 18,28,23,28,26,and 24 that's 147 touchdowns, divided by 6 equals 24.5 touchdowns per season--which is pretty much the number you said he'd be lucky to throw. You were counting 2000 in his average--a season in which he threw 3 total passes. Only 1 season did he finish outside of the top 10 in touchdown passes, 2001. Since then he has ranked 1st, 10th, 6th, 3rd, 4th, and 1st. That's a little bit better than average, to quote you: Nice try though. :rolleyes:

I don't understand the concept of judging quarterbacks by championships. The greatest defensive end isn't judged by championships or the greatest running back.

Dan Marino, for example, was a better quarterback than Brady.

Eli Manning isn't suddenly a better quarterback than Brady or his brother or Favre. He's not bad though.

I'm no fan of Tom Brady just because he is not the qb of my team but he is on his way, IMO, to being one of the best ever if not in the class already. Just watching him tonight, he has that Joe Montana cool for lack of a better description, to go with everything else. I told my wife as we were watching that I bet we were more nervous than he was.