Is Tom Brady the best QB ever?

Is Brady the best QB to ever play the game?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brady the best QB to ever play the game?

I think Akili Smith would be a good QB for the patriots! I think its the system and the players around him. Remember what happened last year without Welker, Moss and Co.

That's a weak argument. Here's what happened last season:

12-4 Division Champs, AFC Runner-Up. 61.8 Completion Pct. 3529 Yards 24 TDs and 12 Ints. QB Rating of 87.9 (9th in the league). What's the matter with that? You can't win the Super Bowl every year. By the way Brady has been in the top 10 in QB Rating EVERY year he's been the starter. He has the 4th highest rating ever. He's been great no matter who he's been throwing to.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Akili Smith would be a good QB for the patriots! I think its the system and the players around him. Remember what happened last year without Welker, Moss and Co.

Yeah, he made it to the AFC Championship game and the team imploded in the second half. Brady makes that system go. Let's not forget, Bledsoe, who was a very very capable QB for years couldn't get the machine going when it counted. Even beyond that, it's how Brady performs when the game has to be put away. He's the best clutch QB since, at least, Montana.

I bet Derek Anderson could throw 50 TD's for the Patriots. Before this season Tom Brady was lucky to throw 25 TD's in a season.

Look at the receivers he had. His best ever before this year, when he left, became an average AT BEST receiver for the Seahawks. He has not had talent at receiver until this year.

10 years from now most people will say that he was the best to ever play the game. I don't think any other QB in the league outside of possibly Peyton Manning would have this team 18-0, so there goes the Akili Smith argument. Brady wins, he's clutch, he can pass, he's finally got recievers, c'mon he made Deion Branch look like a #1 reciever. If he had played with Moss, Welker and Stallworth all along it's hard telling how many rings he would have by now.

10 years from now most people will say that he was the best to ever play the game. I don't think any other QB in the league outside of possibly Peyton Manning would have this team 18-0, so there goes the Akili Smith argument. Brady wins, he's clutch, he can pass, he's finally got recievers, c'mon he made Deion Branch look like a #1 reciever. If he had played with Moss, Welker and Stallworth all along it's hard telling how many rings he would have by now.

Nice jab...:lol:

I think he is...and IF they win this year he will be the only QB (of the greats) to go undefeated and the only one to win 18-19 games. He also IMO does not have the HOF's surrounding him that many of the other greats QB's has on offense (with the exception of Moss this year). Montana threw to the best receiver ever, Bradshaw threw to 2 HOF's as well as a HOF rb. This is def subjective but I think when they win this week it will seal his legacy as best ever.