HDTV

phil shil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend just got a HD TV and half of the channels come in fuzzy and some of them, including ESPN :madman:, have a black box that comes up and covers half of the screen.

What the heck is wrong with it?

Should they call the cable company or the place where they purchased the tv?

Concerning the fuzziness... An analog signal looks very fuzzy on an HDTV while a digital signal will look much better. With my Insight package, the lower numbered channels (1-99) look fuzzy. However, channels 100+ are with the digital package and look better. The HD channels (900+) look brilliantly clear.

Wow she's a tard.. Is that really all it is?

Back when I worked at Best Buy, we used to get tons of people wanting to return their TVs for that same reason -- a black box covering a big chunk of the screen. Invariably the reason was always that they had accidentally turned their closed captioning on.

Back when I worked at Best Buy, we used to get tons of people wanting to return their TVs for that same reason -- a black box covering a big chunk of the screen. Invariably the reason was always that they had accidentally turned their closed captioning on.

I would have loved to been around for some of those revelations...:lol:

I would have loved to been around for some of those revelations...:lol:

Few things in the world are more priceless than being able to watch the looks on people's faces when they realize they're morons. Every now and again you'd get those types who would be insistent that they return it anyway, just so they can save face, and not allow the TV the satisfaction of beating him.

"But sir, I've shown you there's nothing wrong with it. You've just made a mistake."

"I ... I don't care," he huffs, his face flush with redness. "Just take the darned thing back!"

The hardest part was keeping from laughing right at them. :sssh:

Few things in the world are more priceless than being able to watch the looks on people's faces when they realize they're morons. Every now and again you'd get those types who would be insistent that they return it anyway, just so they can save face, and not allow the TV the satisfaction of beating him.

"But sir, I've shown you there's nothing wrong with it. You've just made a mistake."

"I ... I don't care," he huffs, his face flush with redness. "Just take the darned thing back!"

The hardest part was keeping from laughing right at them. :sssh:

:lol: Touche....

If you use an HDMI cable to connect an Insight HD DVR to the TV you can't turn on CC by accident, you have to turn the box off and go into the menu and enable the CC.

That helps me with my folks, now if I can just get my mom to quit changing sources by mistake, I have their TV set up where the TV, DVR, and DVD are all controlled by their insight remote but she still messes it up and anytime she wants to watch a dvd I get a call. I tried giving them my old Harmony remote but that was over their heads.