Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HDTV

Featured Replies

I have an HDTV but it doesn't bring in an HD picture. Is there a certain box I have to buy or does the HD come through the cable/dish provider. I should probably know this, but my young electronic-savvy mind is leaving me.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an HDTV but it doesn't bring in an HD picture. Is there a certain box I have to buy or does the HD come through the cable/dish provider. I should probably know this, but my young electronic-savvy mind is leaving me.

 

I have Dish and they have a desent HD plan...I hear Direct Tv is working good HD plan...

  • Author
I have Dish and they have a desent HD plan...I hear Direct Tv is working good HD plan...

 

So do I just need an HD cable/dish plan.

I thought I had to hook something up to my TV?

Who is your cable provider?

 

Do you have a cable box?

 

DO you have satellite?

 

 

I need details.

Still, you should be able to pick up the network HD channels over the air. For ESPN and others, however, you will have to subscribe to a digital package through cable or satellite, and get a box.

  • Author
Still, you should be able to pick up the network HD channels over the air. For ESPN and others, however, you will have to subscribe to a digital package through cable or satellite, and get a box.

 

I just have regular digital cable with Insight. I have a Sanyo HDTV. So in order to watch HD with a HDTV you have to purchase an HD package through your provider?

I just have regular digital cable with Insight. I have a Sanyo HDTV. So in order to watch HD with a HDTV you have to purchase an HD package through your provider?

 

Yup. But, you should still be able to get stuff over the air, such as CBS/NBC/Fox/KET/ABC etc.

Yup. But, you should still be able to get stuff over the air, such as CBS/NBC/Fox/KET/ABC etc.

 

Provided that the HDTV has a built in digital tuner. Not all units include this.

give your model # and I'll look it up and tell you if you have a dig tuner or a QAM tuner.

If it has a dig tuner (ATSC) you can hook up any cheap set of rabbit ears and get HDTV as long as it's available in your area.

If you have a QAM tuner you can get local HD channels and KET free over the cable feed.

Provided that the HDTV has a built in digital tuner. Not all units include this.
You can buy them. Then get a simple antenna and you can get the local HD channels.

With Insight, you will be required to have their digital package with an HD add-on. You must also have an HD capable cable box (or cable card if your TV has a slot). Last I checked, the HD DVR cable box costs $15 per month while the cable card costs $2 per month.

 

When all is said and done, DirectTV will cost less and give you more HD channels. However, I like knowing I have a hard-wired cable conenction that won't go out because of rain / storms. The choice is yours.

Yup. But, you should still be able to get stuff over the air, such as CBS/NBC/Fox/KET/ABC etc.

 

I've never gotten any HD channels without an HD receiver.

I've never gotten any HD channels without an HD receiver.

 

I forgot that some HD sets don't have the HD tuner in them.

I forgot that some HD sets don't have the HD tuner in them.

 

Even if you have the tuner, you still need an antenna. A basic set of rabbit ears will work depending on the location of the TV.

Insight has a pretty good HDTV lineup, you only need one box,one remote, and it is easy to operate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.