Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prettiest Shot

Featured Replies

Alan Houston and Chris Lofton,imo, is about as pretty as it gets.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeff Shepard or Cameron Mills. Both of these guys shots were a couple of the prettiest shots I ever seen...

 

I forgot all about those two, you are correct, Sheppard's (and Cams for that matter) was a "clinic" on how to shoot a jump shot/form. :ylsuper:

Alan Houston

Jim Paxson

J. J. Reddick

Larry Bird

I find it interesting for you to mention Jim Paxson. I personally agree with your opinion although many people do not know about Jim but rather, his younger brother John. Jim had a text book jump shot. Alan Houston is another great pick. Larry Bird had a very effective jump shot, but pretty.........not, in my opinion.

1. Pete Maravich. (LSU) ( I don't think that we will ever see another shooter/scorer like Pistol)

 

Steve Kerns ??(Arizona),( I honestly can't remember the name right now but he could flat out shoot the ball.)

Michael Jordan (UNC)

Chris Mullins (St. Johns)

Larry Bird (Indiana State)

Keith Wilkes (UCLA years ago)

Jay Schiedler (U.K., they called him "white Lightin")

Kyle Macy (U.K. imo near pefect form)

Jim Lemaster (U.K. and^same as above)

J.J. Reddick (Duke)

 

There is no certain order after #1. "Pistol Pete" ;) and have been plenty of great shooters and great "form" and I know that I am probably fogetting some.

 

How many years ago?

You all are jump starting my memory.

 

Kyle Macy

Jay Shidler

Dell Curry

Rick Mount

Chris Jackson

I find it interesting for you to mention Jim Paxson. I personally agree with your opinion although many people do not know about Jim but rather, his younger brother John. Jim had a text book jump shot. Alan Houston is another great pick. Larry Bird had a very effective jump shot, but pretty.........not, in my opinion.
I always thought the high arc and release of Bird, was different and simple. As for Paxson, I always believed he was the best shooter of the brothers, but lacked the defense ability to play.
How many years ago?

 

He isn't talking about Steve Kerr is he? I don't remember where he went but the names are close.

Michael Jordan's shot was actually not very pretty when he was at UNC. It developed later on in his career. Form wise I would have to go with Ray Allen or JJ Redick. Keith Bogan and Kyle Macy both had a great release on their shot. In the NBA, currently I would have to say that Kobe Bryant, love him or hate him, has the prettiest shot in the game!

Donald Williams UNC

Michael Jordan's shot was actually not very pretty when he was at UNC. It developed later on in his career. Form wise I would have to go with Ray Allen or JJ Redick. Keith Bogan and Kyle Macy both had a great release on their shot. In the NBA, currently I would have to say that Kobe Bryant, love him or hate him, has the prettiest shot in the game!

Ray Allen is a good one.

He isn't talking about Steve Kerr is he? I don't remember where he went but the names are close.

 

Yep, he is. :thumb:

 

Kerr played college basketball for the University of Arizona from 1983 to 1988.

I always thought the high arc and release of Bird, was different and simple. As for Paxson, I always believed he was the best shooter of the brothers, but lacked the defense ability to play.

Jim Paxson did play 10+ years in the NBA. He played excellent defense.

Does anyone remember Donald Williams from UNC?

Does anyone remember Donald Williams from UNC?

 

Of course...He was the man in the early 90's & was the man on that '93 championship team. He never did make it to the NBA though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.