• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Houston

Jim Paxson

J. J. Reddick

Larry Bird

I find it interesting for you to mention Jim Paxson. I personally agree with your opinion although many people do not know about Jim but rather, his younger brother John. Jim had a text book jump shot. Alan Houston is another great pick. Larry Bird had a very effective jump shot, but pretty.........not, in my opinion.

1. Pete Maravich. (LSU) ( I don't think that we will ever see another shooter/scorer like Pistol)

Steve Kerns ??(Arizona),( I honestly can't remember the name right now but he could flat out shoot the ball.)

Michael Jordan (UNC)

Chris Mullins (St. Johns)

Larry Bird (Indiana State)

Keith Wilkes (UCLA years ago)

Jay Schiedler (U.K., they called him "white Lightin")

Kyle Macy (U.K. imo near pefect form)

Jim Lemaster (U.K. and^same as above)

J.J. Reddick (Duke)

There is no certain order after #1. "Pistol Pete" ;) and have been plenty of great shooters and great "form" and I know that I am probably fogetting some.

How many years ago?

I find it interesting for you to mention Jim Paxson. I personally agree with your opinion although many people do not know about Jim but rather, his younger brother John. Jim had a text book jump shot. Alan Houston is another great pick. Larry Bird had a very effective jump shot, but pretty.........not, in my opinion.
I always thought the high arc and release of Bird, was different and simple. As for Paxson, I always believed he was the best shooter of the brothers, but lacked the defense ability to play.

Michael Jordan's shot was actually not very pretty when he was at UNC. It developed later on in his career. Form wise I would have to go with Ray Allen or JJ Redick. Keith Bogan and Kyle Macy both had a great release on their shot. In the NBA, currently I would have to say that Kobe Bryant, love him or hate him, has the prettiest shot in the game!

Michael Jordan's shot was actually not very pretty when he was at UNC. It developed later on in his career. Form wise I would have to go with Ray Allen or JJ Redick. Keith Bogan and Kyle Macy both had a great release on their shot. In the NBA, currently I would have to say that Kobe Bryant, love him or hate him, has the prettiest shot in the game!

Ray Allen is a good one.